Author Topic: TPL - Texas Pacific Land Trust  (Read 54240 times)

Gregmal

Re: TPL - Texas Pacific Land Trust
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2020, 11:16:19 AM »
Yea I'm in this too, so Im not trying to be too much of a negative Nancy. But I am just a tad annoyed because this used to be an investment you didnt have to do anything with. Now you have to keep an eye on it. I still think it does well but the management/trustee behavior during the proxy fight was horrible and its very easy for companies to get carried away with "growth". I also didnt like how they just straight up stopped repurchasing shares even though its been a mandate seemingly forever. Just a little cold water on the bull case, thats all.

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2020, 11:18:24 AM »
Yea I'm in this too, so Im not trying to be too much of a negative Nancy. But I am just a tad annoyed because this used to be an investment you didnt have to do anything with. Now you have to keep an eye on it. I still think it does well but the management/trustee behavior during the proxy fight was horrible and its very easy for companies to get carried away with "growth". I also didnt like how they just straight up stopped repurchasing shares even though its been a mandate seemingly forever. Just a little cold water on the bull case, thats all.

Great discussion  ;)
AFL // BRK.B // CLB // EQC // EW // GPC // MO // NVO // PSX // TPL // VDE // VLGEA // WFC

Investable cash 15.2% + 26 months of survival ca$h

---

Hammond B3 + Leslie = swirly choruses and drops
If you don't understand, don't worry, just get up & shuffle your shoes around...

Sportgamma

• Fundamental Finance Playbook
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2020, 11:24:23 AM »
Hopefully they'll start repurchases after the conversion is completed.

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2020, 11:54:04 AM »
Hopefully they'll start repurchases after the conversion is completed.

I tried to find a copy of the new corporate charter but couldn't.

I did find this though.

https://tpltblog.com
AFL // BRK.B // CLB // EQC // EW // GPC // MO // NVO // PSX // TPL // VDE // VLGEA // WFC

Investable cash 15.2% + 26 months of survival ca$h

---

Hammond B3 + Leslie = swirly choruses and drops
If you don't understand, don't worry, just get up & shuffle your shoes around...