Author Topic: TSLA - Tesla Motors  (Read 856724 times)

JRM

Re: TSLA - Tesla Motors
« Reply #3840 on: May 13, 2020, 09:01:07 AM »
On Elon's recent Joe Rogan interview he said that he thinks too many smart minds are wasted in law and finance.  I agree with this, however, coming from a sociopath this would make me very nervous to be a Tesla shareholder.  He has made it clear that he thinks he is above the law, and he apparently has no apprehension about breaking the law.  He is making it clear that investors (such as Warren Buffett) exist to be exploited for Elon's personal interests (which are disguised as public interest). 

If you listen to the Rogan interview and hear Musk talk about neuralink and still think he is a genius, I don't think you can be helped.

Not long or short, just enjoying the show. 

Dalal.Holdings

« Reply #3841 on: May 13, 2020, 09:25:56 AM »
On Elon's recent Joe Rogan interview he said that he thinks too many smart minds are wasted in law and finance.  I agree with this, however, coming from a sociopath this would make me very nervous to be a Tesla shareholder.  He has made it clear that he thinks he is above the law, and he apparently has no apprehension about breaking the law.  He is making it clear that investors (such as Warren Buffett) exist to be exploited for Elon's personal interests (which are disguised as public interest). 

If you listen to the Rogan interview and hear Musk talk about neuralink and still think he is a genius, I don't think you can be helped.

I don’t think the law and finance comment said anything about how he views laws in general.

Whether or not Elon is a sociopath is not that relevant. He’s not President of the United States, he’s the CEO of two entities in the private sector, so collateral damage from his actions is limited (unlike if you put someone like that in the White House). Someone in the private sector should be like Elon and exploit asymmetry—try to seek out huge potential upside while recognizing that downside of corporation is low (unless you are a corporation like a big bank where your demise can cause systemic harm).

I listened to his neuralink remarks and the idea of using electrical stimulation/implantation of leads to correct symptoms of Parkinson’s or Epilepsy is nothing radical. If neuralink can replicate that with lots of leads (as they demonstrate in a publication), that will immensely help patients and potentially there is room for other disorders like stroke injuries.

Starting off neuralink by treating patients with devastating brain injuries is the smart way to start, once you can prove that, you can move onto more radical goals. It’s like the progression from Roadster to S to X to 3. Or from a rocket company that starts off with contracts to launch satelites then resupply the space station then manned launches then even loftier ambitions.

It’s all very logical and refreshing in a corporate world where every other creative “genius” CEO can only come up with buybacks when considering how to allocate capital/resources.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 09:27:58 AM by Dalal.Holdings »
Posts are for analytical eyes only; Others need not reply
https://twitter.com/LumeGroup

jalebijim

« Reply #3842 on: May 13, 2020, 10:19:14 AM »

You have been biased against TSLA for a long time, maybe you should've bought Tesla instead of GM stock. Isn't three years of having been wrong about Tesla long enough for you.

Hope your fossil fuel KMI position is treating you well.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:22:07 AM by jalebijim »
Full Disclosure: Long TSLA >50% of trading portfolio.

JRM

« Reply #3843 on: May 13, 2020, 11:27:01 AM »

You have been biased against TSLA for a long time, maybe you should've bought Tesla instead of GM stock. Isn't three years of having been wrong about Tesla long enough for you.

I would say I am biased against the stock, not the company.  I honestly feel sorry for Elon Musk at this point.  There are a lot of stocks I should have bought besides GM.  I was fortunate to get out at essentially a break even (not counting dividends and option premiums). 

As for KMI; if I had to put 100% of my net worth in either Tesla or Kinder Morgan its a no-brainer.  It's Tesla all day (just kidding).  Tesla may not be in my wheelhouse, so I'll keep my mouth shut.  Some of the techno-babble things the Elon says to try to sound intelligent happen to be in my wheelhouse.  I know an imposter when I see one.

Hope you are enjoying your coal car.

jalebijim

« Reply #3844 on: May 13, 2020, 06:43:20 PM »

Having worked in the power industry you should've been able to put this loop together, but since you haven't let me do it for you.

Solar panels/Solar roof energy------->Tesla the power wall---------->Tesla car(eventually no coal, oil or NG).

Try to focus more on your own cognitive errors. Why did you think Amazon stock was at a peak three years ago? Why you waste your time bashing a company that's trying to change transportation in a positive way? Why you choose to buy GM stock?

Maybe your mind is fooling you about reality just like it was deluding you about the about the above stock opinions. There is always a nonzero chance.....

Trying to debug your own cognitive errors will be a lot more productive use of your time than feeling "sorry" for a billionaire.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 06:54:00 PM by jalebijim »
Full Disclosure: Long TSLA >50% of trading portfolio.

jschembs

« Reply #3845 on: May 13, 2020, 07:10:58 PM »
Is there a way to mute a specific user?

Pauly

« Reply #3846 on: May 13, 2020, 07:14:24 PM »

Ya this thread is straying into Reddit/Zerohedge territory.

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #3847 on: May 13, 2020, 07:33:54 PM »

Profile -> Modify Profile -> Buddies/Ignore List -> Edit Ignore List
"Human civilization? It might be a good idea." - Not Gandhi
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
"Money is an illusion" - Not Karl Marx
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money", "LBJ"

jschembs

« Reply #3848 on: May 13, 2020, 09:02:33 PM »

Profile -> Modify Profile -> Buddies/Ignore List -> Edit Ignore List

Thanks!

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #3849 on: May 13, 2020, 11:50:26 PM »

Having worked in the power industry you should've been able to put this loop together, but since you haven't let me do it for you.

Solar panels/Solar roof energy------->Tesla the power wall---------->Tesla car(eventually no coal, oil or NG).

Try to focus more on your own cognitive errors. Why did you think Amazon stock was at a peak three years ago? Why you waste your time bashing a company that's trying to change transportation in a positive way? Why you choose to buy GM stock?

Maybe your mind is fooling you about reality just like it was deluding you about the about the above stock opinions. There is always a nonzero chance.....

Trying to debug your own cognitive errors will be a lot more productive use of your time than feeling "sorry" for a billionaire.

Hi All,

Please try and not make it "personal".  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!