Author Topic: TSLA - Tesla Motors  (Read 885010 times)

jalebijim

Re: TSLA - Tesla Motors
« Reply #3940 on: June 27, 2020, 08:48:12 AM »

I do mute you. Unfortunately, your name still shows up in the thread, so occasionally I unmute to see gems like your previous post.

And I don't see any personal insults, I was simply incredulous that someone would seriously apply a P/E multiple to gross profit. That alone should cause anyone to mute you.

My comments hopefully added value to help you understand why their gross margins should be higher than other industry participants.

I've given up building DCFs on this name because, as your rigorous $60 billion valuation illustrates, we are so far from a reasonable valuation for the company it's largely a waste of time.

"I do mute you. Unfortunately, your name still shows up in the thread, so occasionally I unmute to see gems like your previous post."

Personal attack.

So you made a big public show about muting me. Then you have the time in your life to find the unmute button, respond to my posts and be toxic?

"And I don't see any personal insults, I was simply incredulous that someone would seriously apply a P/E multiple to gross profit. That alone should cause anyone to mute you."

Personal attack.

"I've given up building DCFs on this name because, as your rigorous $60 billion valuation illustrates, we are so far from a reasonable valuation for the company it's largely a waste of time."

Meaning you have no model or deep analysis of your own to contribute and all you have to offer the board is criticism and negativity. Let's see your model and teach us and add value to the board/conversation.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 08:52:47 AM by jalebijim »

jalebijim

« Reply #3941 on: June 27, 2020, 09:39:53 AM »

And I don't see any personal insults, I was simply incredulous that someone would seriously apply a P/E multiple to gross profit. That alone should cause anyone to mute you.

"The engineers estimate a total of $28,000 in costs to build the Model 3: $18,000 for materials and $10,000 for labor and production.

8)

Mark Jr.

« Reply #3942 on: June 30, 2020, 08:50:54 AM »
Tesla That Hit State Trooper's Vehicle Was In Autopilot
https://www.nbcboston.com/investigations/police-tesla-that-hit-mass-state-troopers-vehicle-was-in-autopilot/2151164/

This idea that autopilot is some inevitable technology and it's nit-picky to focus on autopilot misadventures is disingenuous.

People are being killed by Tesla's sh8tcode.

The argument "more lives are being saved" is also not accurate.

There is no evidence that auto-pilot actually saves lives over and above standard issue driver assist, the latter of which is not unique to Tesla.

What is unique to Tesla, is that they are putting buggy cars in the road that are killing people, many of whom have not put their hands up to participate in this real world beta test.

gary17

« Reply #3943 on: July 02, 2020, 06:08:35 AM »
Up 8% pre market after big beat

aws

« Reply #3944 on: July 02, 2020, 01:47:44 PM »
It was actually already up 9% before the press release even hit.  I had also seen earlier a report of some huge block of calls trading yesterday, like 40,000 contracts, but I can't find that article again.  Anyway, nothing suspicious at all there I'm sure.

Edit:. Here was that alert:
Most of the activity was concentrated in short-dated options and he noticed a purchase of 40,000 contracts of the July 2, $1,200 calls for $3.50. The trade breaks even at $1,203.50 or around 7.5% above the closing price on Wednesday.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:51:28 PM by aws »

changegonnacome

« Reply #3945 on: July 02, 2020, 02:30:16 PM »
Elon on twitter now - goading the shorts and SEC

Bizarre stuff

Last tweet he was suggesting the acronym for the SEC is - Suck Elon's C**k
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1278764736876773383?s=21

I'm not sure how to interpret all this - the guy is a moron............we can disagree over his brilliance , accounting fraud or the quality or lack thereof of Tesla vehicles but the guy is petulant moron

fareastwarriors

« Reply #3946 on: July 02, 2020, 03:59:33 PM »
Trimmed a bit at $1,200. What a fuking ride.

gfp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3947 on: July 07, 2020, 06:39:32 AM »
So this is a $265 Billion dollar market cap company!  ???

edit - oh gosh its changing so fast.  They can afford to buy out nikola for all stock now that nkla is a bargain priced $16 B.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 06:41:07 AM by gfp »