Author Topic: 'Yes, It Was a Coup. Here’s Why.'  (Read 1546 times)

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • libertyrpf.com
    • http://www.libertyrpf.com

Gregmal

Re: 'Yes, It Was a Coup. Here’s Why.'
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 05:43:15 PM »
Ah, Bolton's fluffer. Did she write this before or after returning to academia?

Otherwise, its a great piece, and if we get 4 more folks to concur we can start calling it a fact. Thanks for posting!

cwericb

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 06:34:32 PM »
Wasn't it an "attempted" coup since it has not been successful? 

However, it would seem that the attempt is not over with the FBI warning that "ARMED protests" are planned for the US Capitol and all 50 state capitols ahead of the inauguration - and at this time the head of Homeland Security quits.

Does everyone here condemn this? Or do some support it?
Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. - Mark Twain

Read the Footnotes

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 06:42:32 PM »
Wasn't it an "attempted" coup since it has not been successful? 

However, it would seem that the attempt is not over with the FBI warning that "ARMED protests" are planned for the US Capitol and all 50 state capitols ahead of the inauguration - and at this time the head of Homeland Security quits.

Does everyone here condemn this? Or do some support it?
We are not done, yet. The slow coup is still ongoing.

Possibly the scariest part is that some of the violent insurrectionists believe Trump abandoned them and they have turned on Trump, which means Trump has lost control of them, but they haven't necessarily given up on Civil War or domestic terrorism in the near future. That probably explains Mike Pence's pretending to get along with Trump today after almost learning the true meaning of the expression Everything Trump Touches Dies. Trump, Pence and others may all now realize that the best hope to survive on multiple levels is to pretend everything is fine for the time being.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 06:44:51 PM by Read the Footnotes »

no_free_lunch

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 07:12:53 PM »
For it be a coup, there would need to be an attempt to violently seize power.

Do you have words Liberty, do you know how to use them?  You just seem to post links.   Why was it a coup?  Was the guy sitting with his feet up on Pelosi's desk trying to seize power, I don't think so.  Was there a concerted effort to actually take over?  Did anyone even have a gun?  I just saw the one trumper got executed.

If you are going to make some crazy accusation at least have something to back it up.

JRM

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 05:31:24 AM »
You guys need to take a step back and look at what's going on.  Anyone who questions the election is being labeled a domestic terrorist.  I'm all for calling antifa, qanon, etc terrorist organizations; but millions of normal Americans? 

Trump is being compared to Hitler, Ted Cruz compared to Joseph Goebels, and Trump's followers are all nazi's.  Really?  Who is censoring who?  Who is being targeted by the media?  Who is calling for "thought cleansing" and "re-education"?  That's the kind of crap they do in China, and you're going to talk to me about normalization?

Try really hard to put your hate for the orange man aside for a second and take a look at what's going on.  The President of the United States is being censored. That should be extremely disturbing.  Normalization?  The jews were desensitized by the same normalization.  I believe it was a Daniel Kahneman story, but I may be mis-attributing the source.  Anyways, he says his family got out of Nazi Germany because they saw the warning signs and correctly interpreted them while other members of his own family rationalized the situation and said things would soon go back to normal.  They all perished.

That smarter you are the harder it is to convince you that you've been fooled.

Castanza

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 01:57:28 PM »
LOL anyone who thinks this was a coup attempt is a complete moron. 99.9% of people who went down to the Capitol were there for a Trump Rally. I talked to a few individuals I know who went. They are pretty normal people who are ardent Republicans. Nothing exotic or radical about them. They said they went down there and when they went in the Capitol the police let them in. They did say that they saw two vans pull up near them and a bunch of guys jumped out and started making trouble.

99.9% of Trump supporters do not support an overthrow of the govt. They aren't "domestic terrorists" and they aren't "cult" followers any more than the average liberal who voted for Biden.

You think a board of value investors would be able to look past the noise.

The story is as follows.

We have two political parties with an ever widening margin in philosophy and political policy.

As a result anger and tensions are high on both sides.

You have extreme trouble makers which accounts for probably less than 5% of each party makeup.

Boil it down even further and you have two minority groups which set the precedent for the majority because they are the most "shocking".

One which wants to leave America and the fundamental alone. And another which wants to fundamentally change the nation, laws, and the Constitution.

This is all fueled by the media and tech companies who pump the 24hr news cycle.

I think it's ironic that Twitter has banned the sitting President of the United States, yet allows the Ayatollah to tweet as he pleases  ;D Peak fucking irony imo.
Core: MSFT | GOOG | AAPL | INTC | CMCSA | VZ | RTX | MSGS | BATRK | PBCT | WFC | USB | PNC | BAC | TPL | PPL | PCYO | GRBK | PLNT | ATCO | ESPO | HACK

Funny Money:

Gregmal

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 02:06:10 PM »
Yea well look at a lot of what we have here, on a value investor board. Did you see the new hydra! thread, LOL. 0/147 over the past 4 years but that will never stop them. Mr. Einhorn will eventually "nail" the tech bubble too....just enjoy the entertainment/amusement they provide along the way. Not much more you can do.

Viking

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 02:41:03 PM »
LOL anyone who thinks this was a coup attempt is a complete moron. 99.9% of people who went down to the Capitol were there for a Trump Rally. I talked to a few individuals I know who went. They are pretty normal people who are ardent Republicans. Nothing exotic or radical about them. They said they went down there and when they went in the Capitol the police let them in. They did say that they saw two vans pull up near them and a bunch of guys jumped out and started making trouble.

99.9% of Trump supporters do not support an overthrow of the govt. They aren't "domestic terrorists" and they aren't "cult" followers any more than the average liberal who voted for Biden.

You think a board of value investors would be able to look past the noise.

The story is as follows.

We have two political parties with an ever widening margin in philosophy and political policy.

As a result anger and tensions are high on both sides.

You have extreme trouble makers which accounts for probably less than 5% of each party makeup.

Boil it down even further and you have two minority groups which set the precedent for the majority because they are the most "shocking".

One which wants to leave America and the fundamental alone. And another which wants to fundamentally change the nation, laws, and the Constitution.

This is all fueled by the media and tech companies who pump the 24hr news cycle.

I think it's ironic that Twitter has banned the sitting President of the United States, yet allows the Ayatollah to tweet as he pleases  ;D Peak fucking irony imo.

Castanza, the piece that you are missing in your comments is Trump; the (orange :-) elephant in the room. What is going on right now is not two parties duking it out. It is Trump duking it our with both Republicans and Democrats.

Trump has been trying to overturn the election since it happened. He is lying. He is breaking laws. And his lies and actions are now directly resulting in American’s dying.

And Trump is just getting started.

So both Republicans and Democrats have collectively decided that Trump is breaking the law and needs to be held accountable for his actions. He is also a clear and present danger (as we saw last week) and it is likely more American’s will die (or be put in harms way) if Trump is not stopped (as he is unable to stop himself).

Actions have consequences. Trump is not above the law; that is what this is all about.

PS: is there a political side to all this? Of course; but don’t let that distract you from what is really going on here. Trump is a danger to the country and this danger needs to be addressed.

PS2: i think people are banned on Twitter when they break Twitter rules. Trump repeatedly broke Twitter rules. What has the Ayatollah Tweeted (on Twitter) that you feel deserves a ban? Or do you feel Twitter should not grand an account to the Ayatollah because?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 02:49:53 PM by Viking »