Author Topic: A Sad Day For America  (Read 41672 times)

Read the Footnotes

Re: A Sad Day For America
« Reply #330 on: January 10, 2021, 04:43:06 PM »
The Republican Leadership may not be with Trump - but they will never survive as a viable party without him. There is no going back.

If the Senate convicts Trump he will be ineligible.
Corporate America is going to end the party before they even get a chance to convict. Citibank is the fourth and latest major corporation to ban giving to Trumpists. The flood of corporations that have pledged not to give money to those who objected to counting the votes has just started. No money=no party. Also, the myth that  business loves Trump is about to vanish.

In other news, The PGA has banned all business with Trump. Wouldn't surprise me if the USGA refuses to do business with Trump in the future. Those golf courses aren't going to be as valuable if you can't use the handicapping system.

Read the Footnotes

« Reply #331 on: January 10, 2021, 04:47:26 PM »
The Republican Leadership may not be with Trump - but they will never survive as a viable party without him. There is no going back.

If the Senate convicts Trump he will be ineligible.

Won’t happen. The Republicans need the votes of his cult followers.
It's going to happen, but it may not happen for about three months, and Trump and his cronies may be in handcuffs by then. Convicting Trump in the Senate will be a lot easier for Republicans when the narrative has evolved over the next three months and voters are already used to seeing Trump in a jumpsuit.

In addition to the political risk, the risk of being executed by a mob will be much lower for Republicans in three months. Plus they will be able to share the risk with the judiciary. The Judicial Branch is also more equipped to deal with dangerous criminals, and will likely be busy locking up many Trumpists at all levels.

We've seen that Republicans and Trump supporters in particular have a remarkable ability to lap up absolute fictions, so the Republicans have about three months to create some slowly evolving fiction that allows the party to bring as many voters along as possible, but the complete destruction or at least a splintering of the Republican Party is also very likely.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 04:51:38 PM by Read the Footnotes »

cubsfan

« Reply #332 on: January 10, 2021, 04:56:53 PM »
You guys just kill me with your comedy routine.

Obama and Hillary led 4 heroes to their death in Benghazi but refusing to protect/re-inforce them when they rushed to protect the US Embassy.
Such utter and complete incompetence.

Worse yet, they concocted a bogus cover-up and lied to the Nation for weeks - until emails from Hillary to Chelsea were discovered by Judicial-Watch.

By your standards - both should have been impeached/executed for causing the murder of 4 brave Americans.

What a bunch of hypocritical clowns!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 04:58:47 PM by cubsfan »

Viking

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #333 on: January 11, 2021, 05:23:47 PM »
We are starting to see the fallout for Trump from his actions last week. When your most staunch supporters want nothing to do with you, you are in deep, deep shit. Money tap is also being turned off (is money important in US politics?). Ban on social media (no megaphone).

This has got to be driving the man crazy... except, can it get any worse for him?

Patriots’ Belichick won’t accept Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/us/bill-belichick-medal-of-freedom.html?action=click&module=Alert&pgtype=Homepage

cubsfan

« Reply #334 on: January 11, 2021, 05:26:07 PM »
^ Agree - There is NOTHING like the Cancel Culture of the LEFT in action. Congratulations.

It's a lonely place for Trump and 75M+ Americans.

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2021, 05:12:53 AM »

Well, you see, Obama's forceful policies do affect my day to day life. I have small children and I don't want them being taught that they can choose their gender nor do I want my daughter being denied athletic achievements to a biological male.

I'm not ignoring Trump or the things that he's done. As I've said before, the guy is a turd. But, what alternative do I have?

You really are quite something with your transgender phobia. I have fiends with kids in 3 different states and none of them had issues with this about transgenders competing against girls either anywhere.
Raising kids isn’t easy, but you really getting hung up on a nothingburger.

None of this has anything to do with Obama anyways.

I don't think the term phobia is really appropriate here (people use it because it's emotionally charged). A phobia is an irrational fear. There is evidence that this kind of stuff is already happening.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9886252/bbc-schools-children-100-genders/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/05/13/california-wants-teach-kindergartners-about-gender-identity-seriously/

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-why-the-surge-in-gender-dysphoria-among-teenage-girls/

Now, you might be right in saying that I'm overweighting the probability of this occurring but it certainly is occurring. I suppose it doesn't help that my brother is a teacher and he said this is increasing too.
Paul

LC

« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2021, 10:50:25 AM »
For the folks arguing that trade is sometimes bad:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-11/how-china-won-trump-s-good-and-easy-to-win-trade-war?srnd=premium

Interesting how Trump's trade war with China resulted in an increased trade deficit w China. Economics 101 fail from Donny Stumps and his blind supporters.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

Dalal.Holdings

« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2021, 11:28:20 AM »
Well Trump clearly won the “easy to win” Trade War, banned Tiktok, built That Wall, fixed healthcare, now leaving us to be awed for his final week: infrastructure week!

So many tangible victories that have made us “great” again...Tired of winning?

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: January 14, 2021, 08:26:19 AM »
^ Agree - There is NOTHING like the Cancel Culture of the LEFT in action. Congratulations.

It's a lonely place for Trump and 75M+ Americans.

Hmmm, I would probably drop that number down to about 55M after what happened at the Capitol.  Alot of those in the middle have firmly moved away from  the orange ass blossom and his administration!  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

Read the Footnotes

« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2021, 07:27:44 AM »
Republican legislators are calling this a coup attempt. Anyone who said that we didn't have to worry about a coup attempt has finally been proven wrong.

People are going to die over this. Probably more likely protestors than anyone else. There are reports of gunfire, and pipe bombs. I saw video of people being taken out in ambulances on stretchers.

Plus with COVID, it is likely that police and especially older members of government and staffers may die from this chaos and the need to seek shelter in cramped spaces.

Plus this will be all sorts of risks for the police and other security agencies.

The "law and order President" has just given the USA it's first coup.
So this post was written has it happened. How have these forecasts turned out?

1) Plenty of Republican leaders are continuing to call this a coup attempt. So that statement of fact has only grown as more legislators, governors and retired Republican leaders.  So that one stands the test of time. Plus respected news publications and academic experts and military experts all agree. With time more truth will come out, the time line will be further developed and extended back in time and culpability will be more broadly understood by the public.

2) Though this was written before the reports of any deaths, we now know that:

-Officer Sicknick died from being beaten to death with a fire extinguisher
-Another officer committed suicide. 
(https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/01/10/another-capitol-police-death-officer-dies-by-suicide-after-responding-to-pro-trump-riot/?sh=41ce61de70dd)
-One seditionist shot and killed by a USCP officer on protective detail
-One seditionist killed when trampled by the mob
-One seditionist killed after accidentally tazing himself
-One seditionist killed after falling off a wall he was climbing

-One seditionist killed himself after being arrested
(https://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-man-arrested-following-capitol-insurrection-has-died-by-suicide/TYSJF7II6JG63G7K6JGON522JQ/)
-One financial supporter who paid $522,000 for the riot committed suicide after his contribution was exposed
 (https://news.yahoo.com/500k-bitcoin-sent-france-us-162856976.html)

3) At least five members of congress seem to blame their contracting COVID on the riots
(https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2021/01/14/a-fifth-lawmaker-has-tested-positive-for-coronavirus-after-sheltering-in-place-during-the-capitol-riot/?sh=18e76cd96e08)

4) Regarding COVID and police and other security forces, I doubt we will have much information released to the public due to ongoing security risks. It would seem to reason that USCP were at greater risk than than the Congress due to a lack of masks among the seditionists, the close quarters and the extended physicality of the melee. So if people in congress contracted it, there must be a lot of USCP who contracted it.

Seems like these forecasts have held up well.