Author Topic: George Floyd  (Read 20309 times)

Spekulatius

Re: George Floyd
« Reply #390 on: June 27, 2020, 08:45:20 AM »
Number of Chicago residents killed by gunfire this past weekend -  18
Number of Chicago residents shot and killed in 2019                  - 492

So no Black Lives Matter Protest for those killed this weekend in Chicago. Too bad isn't it?

IS that really systemic racism among the police?
Why no outrage over the black on black killings?

The crime numbers in Chicago are simply mind boggling. It seems like some neighborhoods in Chicago are more dangerous than Bagdad was during the peak of insurgency. It’s a tragedy. I can’t Imagine what it must feel like to live there.

Then a few blocks away from these hotspots you are basically in a suburban utopia. When I moved to the US, I  don’t understand why everyone first ask you where you live. it took me a while to find out, that a few blocks can make the difference between living in great upper class neighborhood and a gang war zone basically.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

cubsfan

« Reply #391 on: June 27, 2020, 01:46:38 PM »
Chicago is a dangerous place - highly segregated - you don't go to the South or West side - ever.
And, yes, .... you are correct, Chicago is more dangerous than Iraq or Afghanistan..

The current mayor is a disaster and the exodus from the city will accelerate.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trumps-letter-governor-illinois-mayor-chicago/

June 8, 2020, “18 murders in 24 hours: Inside the most violent day in 60 years in Chicago,”

85 people were shot and 24 killed the previous weekend, the most in modern history in Chicago.”

The article recounts the following horrors:

A hardworking father killed.

A West Side high school student murdered.

A college freshman who hoped to become a correctional officer, gunned down.

18 people killed Sunday, May 31, the single most violent day in Chicago in six decades.

Violence and death, which are disproportionately harming young African Americans, are tragic and unacceptable, particularly on such a shocking scale. According to the Chicago Sun Times, “shootings across the City increased by 71 percent last month,” and just this past weekend 102 people were shot in the city’s most violent weekend of the year.  A 3-year old toddler was killed.  More Americans have been killed in Chicago than in combat zones of Afghanistan and Iraq combined since September 11, 2001,

Yet - not a peep from Black Lives Matter crowd or Jesse Jackson or Louis Farrakhan -- why????   ... doesn't serve their agenda.

cherzeca

« Reply #392 on: June 27, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »
I have come across the term "race hustling", which I find illuminating. 

consider the differences between MLK and Sharpton.  hence the concept race hustling.  the notion is that race has become a tool rather than an end objective, and BLM/antifa have harnessed race to hustle an agenda...and that agenda is something that MLK would not be familiar with.

now, I dont mean to provoke anyone or anything other than thought.  but I have lived through the 60s and with god's good grace will do so through the 20s, and I dont see the former reaching any just culmination in what's going on now.

rb

« Reply #393 on: June 27, 2020, 05:41:39 PM »

consider the differences between MLK and Sharpton.  hence the concept race hustling.  the notion is that race has become a tool rather than an end objective, and BLM/antifa have harnessed race to hustle an agenda...and that agenda is something that MLK would not be familiar with.

now, I dont mean to provoke anyone or anything other than thought.  but I have lived through the 60s and with god's good grace will do so through the 20s, and I dont see the former reaching any just culmination in what's going on now.
MLK was probably the biggest race hustler there ever was. He didn't want blacks to protest freely. He wanted blacks to be beaten up so he could give speeches. That's how he got the Civil Rights Act. They wish they had a race hustler with MLK's skills today.

cubsfan

« Reply #394 on: June 27, 2020, 05:56:32 PM »

MLK was probably the biggest race hustler there ever was. He didn't want blacks to protest freely. He wanted blacks to be beaten up so he could give speeches. That's how he got the Civil Rights Act. They wish they had a race hustler with MLK's skills today.

Congratulations RB --- Spoken with true hatred for the greatest civil rights leader of our time.

cubsfan

« Reply #395 on: June 27, 2020, 06:11:08 PM »

When the textbook definition of "Race Hustler" is written, they'll need to include this clip of Al Sharpton, as narrated by a black man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYifp_SjzhQ

rb

« Reply #396 on: June 27, 2020, 06:22:25 PM »

Congratulations RB --- Spoken with true hatred for the greatest civil rights leader of our time.
Yep, hater of MLK. That's me  ::). Maybe learn some history.

meiroy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #397 on: June 27, 2020, 07:31:21 PM »

If you are someone who supports Trump and his enablers, this seems like the last chance to take a good look, do a 180, and say whatever you need to say to make yourself look reasonable, and stop it. Just stop it.

Several years from now, when a lot more is going to come out, no one is going to care or accept that you supported this administration because of "fewer taxes!" or whatever else.  You will be in the wrong, for the rest of your life.

Do the right thing. It's not too late.

cubsfan

« Reply #398 on: June 28, 2020, 04:47:42 AM »
Young black man describes his evolution from hardcore liberal Democrat (2X Obama voter) to conservative principles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nRhR5U2H6Q

Think for yourselves.

LongHaul

« Reply #399 on: June 28, 2020, 09:41:30 AM »
Different side of documentary on BLM
Definitely worth a watch for a diversity of viewpoints

Michelle Malkin Investigates: Black Lives Matter
https://youtu.be/7ljXduxcquM
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 09:55:05 AM by LongHaul »