Author Topic: Good Ole Joe is your next President  (Read 38080 times)

cubsfan

Re: Good Ole Joe is your next President
« Reply #450 on: September 26, 2020, 03:50:00 PM »
Viking

^ Just about the dumbest post I have seen in a long, long time.

Must be a chronic case of TDS. But hey, there's an awful lot of that on CoBF!

The typical elitist view of "uneducated voters" and how could any educated Republican back such a leader?

Kind of like Biden - "If you don't vote for me, you ain't black"...

You elites always know better than the deplorables and smelly Walmart shoppers..It's a nice look for you.

I look forward to watching his "struggling campaign".

I am simply trying to provide another perspective with some logic and rational. Your post above (in response to mine) was thoughtful, detailed, well laid out and countered many of the points that i made. I can tell you thought long and hard about what you wanted to say. Lots of deep thinking so i appreciate the effort. Well done!

But i do remain unconvinced.

Put me down as dubious.

Civilization requires law and order - and common sense.  Some things are just obvious.

Common sense is in short supply around here.

Gregmal

« Reply #451 on: September 26, 2020, 04:05:05 PM »
Its amazing the narratives that people believe, but to each their own. There's legit folks here thinking Trump will refuse to leave office and plans to stay on for 3,4,5 terms and then make Ivanka President without an election. People talking about brownshirts lol because there has been a suggestion to up security around polling stations....to which the predictable and thoughtless response is always "well there hasn't been much evidence of voter fraud in the past"....as if we dont walk through metal detectors at sporting events, concerts, etc, despite "not much evidence" of needing that either....

Oh yea, and the plethora of twats from liberal strongholds masquerading around as Republicans against Trump while supporting nothing a typical Republican actually stands for. Interesting times.   

Viking

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #452 on: September 26, 2020, 04:30:32 PM »
Its amazing the narratives that people believe, but to each their own. There's legit folks here thinking Trump will refuse to leave office and plans to stay on for 3,4,5 terms and then make Ivanka President without an election. People talking about brownshirts lol because there has been a suggestion to up security around polling stations....to which the predictable and thoughtless response is always "well there hasn't been much evidence of voter fraud in the past"....as if we dont walk through metal detectors at sporting events, concerts, etc, despite "not much evidence" of needing that either....

Oh yea, and the plethora of twats from liberal strongholds masquerading around as Republicans against Trump while supporting nothing a typical Republican actually stands for. Interesting times.

Greg, many of the people like me do have narratives regarding Trump. I have tried the past couple of days to explain those concerns in some detail. Nobody on the Trump side appears to want to counter any ideas with facts. So what would my narrative change?

Basically what i have heard is yes, Trump is a piece of shit but the alternative is worse. Followed by a bunch of name calling and rants about Liberals. As i have said before i want to learn. Trump supporters convince me with your logic and your ideas. Stop talking about the enemy. Start talking about your guy and the issues people are bringing up. And donít be afraid to actually write a few sentences on one topic (but please leave out the name calling and ranting as it does not help :-)

When i hear people on this board constantly parroting what comes out of Trumpís mouth (and we KNOW he lies much more than any other President in US history) it does not convince me to change my narrative. In fact is does the opposite.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 04:32:39 PM by Viking »

Gregmal

« Reply #453 on: September 26, 2020, 04:57:11 PM »
And what is always given as the response, is simple. Who do you vote for, if you want smaller government, immigration and citizenship enforced and taken seriously, deregulation, lower taxes, and conservative judges, etc? Its really, very simple. And then 30 minutes later you, and cwericb, and everyone else is back to "I cant understand how anyone can vote for Trump"...and its like, respectfully(in some cases) can you not read? lol How many times does the same question need to be answered before it sinks in?

The dictator, brownshirt, authoritarian narratives etc, are bogus, and as has been pointed out, the real dictator behavior is clear and present in the majority to the current democrat platforms. But again, on an even simpler level, it comes down to this...these people, with their constant crying wolf, over and over with respect to Trump, have no credibility left and should just be laughed at, regardless of what they have to say. Its been nonstop with the Russia Hoax, Ukraine, Impeachment, the Kavanaugh hearings, I mean they're shot. You dont get to keep being wrong and still be taken seriously. Especially when, you scream at the top of your lungs, and then are wrong....and instead of admitting I was wrong, just move on to the next delusional narrative and scream louder. Anyone who was part of the Kavanaugh scam, should be immediately disallowed from having anything to do with the Amy Barrett hearing, including senators like Harris and Booker.

EDIT: a good example that Ive mentioned before, is Tesla. At some point you just laugh at the Tesla shorts because despite their hyper aggressiveness, bias, and all their slanted facts opinions, its like "dude, you've been wrong for like a 3,000%, 7 year move.... just shut up"...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 05:03:15 PM by Gregmal »

Viking

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #454 on: September 26, 2020, 05:16:33 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to write your post. I learned something today and that is a good thing.

Like investing, two people can look at the same situation and come away with two different conclusions based on their analysis.

Gregmal

« Reply #455 on: September 26, 2020, 05:25:08 PM »
Hey, it takes two to make a market as they say. Some markets are perceived to be more important than others. Sometimes its only perception though. I think that using history as precedent, the US will ultimately be fine, but the stark divide is indeed worrisome. It's a little crazy indeed, as you alluded to, that two people can look at the same issue and basically end up on polar opposite ends. Trump/Pence is the end of America for Democrats, and Biden/Harris is end of America for Republicans...I play the game everyone else does with politics, but if I had to do anything, I'd take the other side and wager both(extreme) and draconian outcomes are unlikely. Either set of candidates will likely have minimal impact on the capable and hard working individual and their ability to enjoy life in America......

Viking

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #456 on: September 26, 2020, 06:04:28 PM »
Hey, it takes two to make a market as they say. Some markets are perceived to be more important than others. Sometimes its only perception though. I think that using history as precedent, the US will ultimately be fine, but the stark divide is indeed worrisome. It's a little crazy indeed, as you alluded to, that two people can look at the same issue and basically end up on polar opposite ends. Trump/Pence is the end of America for Democrats, and Biden/Harris is end of America for Republicans...I play the game everyone else does with politics, but if I had to do anything, I'd take the other side and wager both(extreme) and draconian outcomes are unlikely. Either set of candidates will likely have minimal impact on the capable and hard working individual and their ability to enjoy life in America......

Hence the desireability of no party controlling all 3 branches at the same time. Gridlock.

I agree with most of what you said. I think where we differ is Trump specifically and the impact he will have on the US the next 4 years should he win. I think many core traditions and norms, which is critical to an effective and functioning democracy, will be exploited By Trump to the point the US system will further deteriorate. His personality will increasingly become the personality of US democracy.

I think every 50 or 100 years, just like investing, democracIes get tested and severely so. The Great Depression was a big time test for American democracy and it could have gone a couple of different directions. I think we are at another inflection point.

Gregmal

« Reply #457 on: September 26, 2020, 07:40:05 PM »
This is all possible. Although to me, and also part of the reason I am fine with everyone waiting until after the election for the SC pick, is that the biggest risk to democracy IMO is if things get too one sided. Flagrantly stacking the SC in a manner that can even "appear" unfair, can backfire. You need to have a diversity of viewpoints to make things work. Look at cases where cities and states become echo chambers...not good. No better example than NYC. Total shit hole, rampant crime, horrendous tax policy, total chaos and nothing to challenge or change this. Everything currently good about NYC is currently there in spite of it. You need balance to appropriately address the various issues of important to society. After Obama, a massive portion of America had been thoroughly neglected and Trump was necessary to change that.

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #458 on: September 26, 2020, 07:59:43 PM »
Who cares about Viking and Cwericb?

Two Canadians who apparently love investing but, who will support anything opposed to capitalism and freedom.

They hate Trump because he is rude (and lies like every politician, less than others in my view but, anyway) and will do all they can to support the other side which is opposite of their ideals.

What is the name of that disease? TDS? I think it is more troubling than that.

Cardboard

cubsfan

« Reply #459 on: September 27, 2020, 07:41:23 AM »
Who cares about Viking and Cwericb?

Two Canadians who apparently love investing but, who will support anything opposed to capitalism and freedom.

They hate Trump because he is rude (and lies like every politician, less than others in my view but, anyway) and will do all they can to support the other side which is opposite of their ideals.

What is the name of that disease? TDS? I think it is more troubling than that.

Cardboard

Yes, it's far more troubling than that.

Some people can be excused since they do not live in the center of this mess. Hopefully, it's ignorance more than anything else.
It's easy to be an idealist when you can see it from afar but are unaffected by the consequences. Hence, you get a Mark Zuckerburg,
who screams about "open borders", but buys all the houses around his residence and erects a massive wall. You get a Minneapolis
City Council, who votes to defund the police, but still has the taxpayers paying for their private security personnel. You get a Mayor Lightfoot,
who refuses to protect her Chicago citizens from violence and arson, but has her street walled off by same police, so she and her neighbors
are safe. You get an Obama, who will not support educational vouchers/backs the public teachers unions, but sends his children to private schools.
You get a Democratic leadership, who brings out the knives for Amy Barrett, attack her for being devout Catholic, meanwhile Joe Biden and
Nancy Pelosi are proud Catholics, and perfectly capable of serving in the highest positions in our government.

These people are hypocrites of the highest order - and have NO intention letting of their civic actions impact their families.

It's an insidious form of "virtue signaling" - and it's up to the voters to recognize it. IF you live in Canada, perhaps it's not so apparent.

Someone like Cardboard is not easily fooled by the Man Behind the Curtain.

The thing about Trump and the Trump voter is they KNOW we are about to LOSE our country - and are not going to stand for it.
That said, Trump IS a BLUNT instrument - not perfect, but highly effective and the only thing that stands in our way between the radical LEFT.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 07:57:52 AM by cubsfan »