Author Topic: People Demand Justice  (Read 3605 times)

Gregmal

People Demand Justice
« on: September 23, 2020, 02:43:14 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/breonna-taylor-case-public-outraged-185700167.html

Yes, that's right. All these scholars and brilliant legal minds with in depth knowledge of the evidence express dismay and outrage over the uninformed and ill advised, not to mention racist and biased grand jury decision. Or maybe they have no clue what justice is and will never be happy unless THEY get what THEY want....

Gregmal

Re: People Demand Justice
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 03:06:08 PM »

Gregmal

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 04:39:13 PM »

LC

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 06:38:28 PM »
People demand justice, Greg demands more excuses for police who kill innocent civilians minding their own business! “Biased jury” you must be kidding.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."

lnofeisone

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 06:59:51 PM »
People demand justice, Greg demands more excuses for police who kill innocent civilians minding their own business! “Biased jury” you must be kidding.

LC - I'll preface this that the shooting was a tragedy and coalescence of several bad decisions but calling BT innocent civilian is a gross oversimplification. Breonna was former ex of the drug dealer police was looking to round up (Jamarcus Glober) and gather further evidence. Police also has/had proof of her handling his money and possibly helping with drug movements (photos of suspicious USPS packages). This is the reason why they went to the apartment. While they had a no knock warrant, it looks like that wasn't used so imagine how this unfolded. Police knocks on the door and announce themselves, BT's bf discharges a weapon (though it looks like the first shot he made was to scare the cops off), police react and likely overract. Sadly, BT got caught in the crossfire. She definitely didn't deserve it but she was not an innocent civilian. 

LC

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 07:37:08 PM »
So first off I’ll ask you to bear with me as I co-mingle topics.

On another thread the argument is that Donald Trump is innocent of any election collusion because there is no evidence, charges, or conviction.

Now I am willing to accept that because yes, one is innocent until proven guilty, and I believe upholding that principle is more important than any one person (incl. the president).

So by the same standard, Breonna Taylor was an innocent victim.

And so what I am upset about is the grave inconsistency. For every Trump who the Senate refuses to hear impeachment testimony, there is a Breonna Taylor who is killed by cops with no justification and minimal if any repercussions.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 07:43:23 PM by LC »
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."

Gregmal

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 11:23:57 PM »

LC - I'll preface this that the shooting was a tragedy and coalescence of several bad decisions but calling BT innocent civilian is a gross oversimplification. Breonna was former ex of the drug dealer police was looking to round up (Jamarcus Glober) and gather further evidence. Police also has/had proof of her handling his money and possibly helping with drug movements (photos of suspicious USPS packages). This is the reason why they went to the apartment. While they had a no knock warrant, it looks like that wasn't used so imagine how this unfolded. Police knocks on the door and announce themselves, BT's bf discharges a weapon (though it looks like the first shot he made was to scare the cops off), police react and likely overract. Sadly, BT got caught in the crossfire. She definitely didn't deserve it but she was not an innocent civilian.

Ding, ding, dong, we have an informed individual who got acquainted with the facts.

Compaing this, as LC does, with imaginary, DJT had a contract with Putin written only in his head, with....all the evidence in this case...including a drug dealer firing shots at cops...well, puts this in the bin of....hardly what the MSM is portraying it as.

Thanks, come again.

cwericb

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 06:26:33 AM »
I find it difficult to blame the police for this incident and it seems the Grand Jury likely got the situation correct. If I have this right, I believe their duty was not to find guilt or innocence, but to simply decide what charges were appropriate and if there was enough evidence to warrant a trial.

From what I have read, the police were executing a “no knock warrant” when they were fired upon from within the room. Returning fire would be a logical thing to do. However, there is certainly some blame involved in originating the warrant with an erroneous address.

Unfortunately for Taylor, she was perhaps just another victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Accidents do happen. This was a far cry from a cop smothering someone for 9 or 10 minutes and then being surprised at the result. 

Just one more incident in a country with too many guns.

JMHO
Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. - Mark Twain

lnofeisone

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 07:05:06 AM »
So first off I’ll ask you to bear with me as I co-mingle topics.

On another thread the argument is that Donald Trump is innocent of any election collusion because there is no evidence, charges, or conviction.

Now I am willing to accept that because yes, one is innocent until proven guilty, and I believe upholding that principle is more important than any one person (incl. the president).

So by the same standard, Breonna Taylor was an innocent victim.

And so what I am upset about is the grave inconsistency. For every Trump who the Senate refuses to hear impeachment testimony, there is a Breonna Taylor who is killed by cops with no justification and minimal if any repercussions.

LC - you are right. Legally, BT is innocent until proven guilty. Same as DT is innocent until proven guilty. In reality, not guilty and innocent are not synonymous. Similarly, objectively judging outside of the legal realm, neither DT nor BT are innocent.