Author Topic: Police State  (Read 3792 times)

Mephistopheles

Police State
« on: July 17, 2020, 01:12:45 PM »
https://www.opb.org/news/article/federal-law-enforcement-unmarked-vehicles-portland-protesters/

Federal "officers" without badges in camouflage kidnapped protestors without saying a word, refusing to identify themselves, and took them away in unmarked vans. This after the situation in DC a few weeks ago when men without identification, with guns stood guard in front of the White House.

Every single day the DOJ pulls something new to get us ever closer towards a fascist state.

As a moderate with libertarian leanings who loathes taxes, I would take Bernie Sanders any day over Trump. I don't think our country, or the world, can survive in its present form with a second Trump term.

Edit: Sorry, Parsad, can you please move this to Politics
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 01:15:07 PM by Mephistopheles »

cwericb

• Lifetime Member
Re: Police State
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 02:55:14 PM »
Agree 100%. Sad. Not only is he destabilizing the US but he is going to take a lot of others (countries) with him if they can't get rid of him..
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 03:44:23 PM by cwericb »
Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. - Mark Twain

LC

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 03:57:36 PM »
"Law and order" president.

What law is this? Because it certainly doesn't resemble US laws or its Constitution.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 04:11:11 PM by LC »
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

Mephistopheles

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 04:46:14 PM »
Everyone should be terrified of what's going on. Full blown authoritarian leaders don't become that way overnight, but only gradually, like boiling a pot of water with a frog already in it.

Has anyone paid attention to Bill Barr's antics at the DOJ? Personally getting involved and dismissing charges against Trump associates, firing U.S. attorneys that are investigating Trump. Don't forget "summarizing" the Mueller report prior to its release.

And of course the 800 lb gorilla in the room. Voter suppression is alive and real. I have no faith that the timid Democrats will do everything in their power to protect the election. No, they're too busy attacking Jeff Bezos and ejaculating over the renaming of the Redskins.

I am 100% confident that Trump will lose the popular vote but am unsure about what that means in terms of who wins the election.

This article is so chilling:

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/15/investigative-journalist-greg-palast-heres-how-trump-will-steal-the-2020-election/

cubsfan

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 04:47:24 PM »
Here is what a real police state looks like: China

https://saraacarter.com/disturbing-video-allegedly-shows-blindfolded-uighurs-being-loaded-on-trains-in-china/

Check out the video of hundreds of Muslims (bound and blindfolded) being loaded into train cars to depart for "re-education" camps.

keerthiprasad

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 07:32:30 PM »

As a moderate with libertarian leanings who loathes taxes, I would take Bernie Sanders any day over Trump. I don't think our country, or the world, can survive in its present form with a second Trump term.

+1

Packer16

• Lifetime Member
  • Go Riders Go! Go Pack Go!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 09:53:44 PM »
I cannot believe you guys cannot tell the difference between a real police state/autocratic state (China) & blowhard with limited power (US).  Authoritarian leaders have deep benches of folks to impose their views on others.  Where is Trump's deep bench other than his own mind? 

Packer

LC

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 12:03:44 AM »
Where is Trump's deep bench other than his own mind?

The very topic of this thread is DOJ employees kidnapping US citizens. The AG himself has made complete mockery of the word Justice and functions as Trump's personal hit man.

Off topic, but the China comparison is not a convincing argument...by the same logic you could dismiss China's crimes against the Uyghurs by saying they pale in comparison to a "real" genocidal Nazi regime.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

Packer16

• Lifetime Member
  • Go Riders Go! Go Pack Go!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 05:51:17 AM »
Let me ask those who think we are going down the path of Fascism, have you studied the tactics/methods & historical context that led to the rise of those regimes & compared to US today? If not, I would suggest you do as this comparison is as valid as comparing 2008/9 to the Great Depression. 

I think this includes a good amount of speculation & the result is what picking up people & releasing them in response to a riot? Was there an imprisonment without due process?  How that is comparable to black or brownshirts killing your political enemies & putting your opponents in concentration camps I do not know.

Packer

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 06:17:58 AM »
Where is Trump's deep bench other than his own mind?

The very topic of this thread is DOJ employees kidnapping US citizens. The AG himself has made complete mockery of the word Justice and functions as Trump's personal hit man.

Off topic, but the China comparison is not a convincing argument...by the same logic you could dismiss China's crimes against the Uyghurs by saying they pale in comparison to a "real" genocidal Nazi regime.

Dude, they have their culture and you have yours. Don't be such a bigot!
Paul