Author Topic: Whoever votes for Trump is a fool  (Read 8169 times)

Spekulatius

Re: Whoever votes for Trump is a fool
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2020, 06:23:08 PM »
What I find surprising is how Trump supporters pay no attention to what people like Kelly say. These people are highly regarded when they are appointed, and then when the Trump Dump takes place a number of months later, anything they say is regarded as sour grapes. It doesn't take a genius to see that they can't all be wrong.

Lol...well: let's see. There's John Kelly. James Mattis. John Bolton. Rex Tillerson. Jeff Sessions. Michael Cohen. Scaramucci. And many more!

What's funny is that many of these folks were not by any longshot "Never Trumpers"--in fact just the opposite and chose to work for the guy. And a lot of these guys (Kelly and Mattis for example) worked for Obama beforehand and weren't huge fans...but categorically have come down on Trump over the Obama admin and pretty much said he shouldn't be anywhere near the Presidency...

Occam's Razor can easily do the trick here, but hey--if you don't want to believe it, I've got plenty of penny stock management teams to tell you about...
You forgot about Sam Nunberg and Brad Parscale.  He sure can pick them:
https://youtu.be/Nq44zyY9kbc
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 06:45:28 PM by Spekulatius »
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

cwericb

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2020, 07:07:44 PM »
Little rough on him weren't they? Anyway here is an excerpt from Wikipedia ...

"Many political appointees of Donald Trump, the 45th and current President of the United States, have resigned or been dismissed. The record-setting turnover rate in the Trump Administration has been noted in various publications. As of May 25, 2020, there have been 415 unique names dismissed and/or resigned."

And that was as of five months ago.  So that would be what,an average one firing/resignation every three days during his term? 
For a supposed businessman, that's quite away to run a business.

Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. - Mark Twain

Dalal.Holdings

« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2020, 07:43:30 PM »
2016: "I’ll choose the best people for my administration" -- Trump

He didn't choose the greatest, that's for sure (Bannon, etc). But we can hear from the "best people" that worked for him:

Mattis:
“We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis writes. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.”

Kelly:
Former White House chief of staff, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly, has said that President Trump is the most flawed person he’s ever known.

And these two were not huge fans of Obama either (even McChrystal who Obama fired has come out strongly against Trump). In the USA, it is very unusual for former/current members of the military to publicly come out so strongly against a sitting civilian Commander-in-Chief and effectively call him unfit for office...

So you choose--it's either:

1) "egos"/a "deep state conspiracy" against Trump

Or

2) Trump is deeply flawed and unfit for office.

Viking

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2020, 10:16:57 PM »
2016: "I’ll choose the best people for my administration" -- Trump

He didn't choose the greatest, that's for sure (Bannon, etc). But we can hear from the "best people" that worked for him:

Mattis:
“We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis writes. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.”

Kelly:
Former White House chief of staff, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly, has said that President Trump is the most flawed person he’s ever known.

And these two were not huge fans of Obama either (even McChrystal who Obama fired has come out strongly against Trump). In the USA, it is very unusual for former/current members of the military to publicly come out so strongly against a sitting civilian Commander-in-Chief and effectively call him unfit for office...

So you choose--it's either:

1) "egos"/a "deep state conspiracy" against Trump

Or

2) Trump is deeply flawed and unfit for office.

Actually, the answer to this question is a known fact. The burden of proof threshold was passed long ago. The man is a national disgrace. And he will continue to remind us of this fact every day he remains in office.

cwericb

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2020, 05:56:52 AM »
Don’t ever expect an intelligent answer when questioning Trump’s actions or his mental stability.

Trump supporters simply ignore these legitimate questions because they have no answer. They either come back with some inane remarks, or try to shift the focus to ‘but, but (fill in the blank...Biden, Harris, Clinton, etc) did ....” 

Now this does not necessarily apply to all Trump supporters. But it is really sad that so many of them have taken on the ignorant and arrogant persona that Trump has put on the Office. Calling anyone who disagrees with him childish names, belligerent general attitude, changing the subject whenever questioned, etc, etc.
Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. - Mark Twain

cubsfan

« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2020, 06:04:53 AM »
^ Ha Ha - you are defending the party of Jerry Nadler, Adam Schiff, Pelosi, Maxine, The Squad, etc, etc --- Now there is a stable and high integrity group!

Given they are they alternative, it easy to take Trump, warts and all, in a heartbeat!

cwericb

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2020, 06:14:08 AM »
Q.E.D.

cubsfan

« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2020, 06:30:26 AM »
Q.E.D.

Very clever CW!  I had to look it up - my Latin is not so good!

Dalal.Holdings

« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2020, 07:33:46 PM »
Q.E.D.

/Thread + Mic Drop

RIP Politics Section