Author Topic: Re: Klarman worried about political divide  (Read 20235 times)

Gregmal

Re: Klarman worried about political divide
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2020, 02:34:26 PM »
Well here's really where one of the devious catches is. A lot of these guys manage institutional money from Europe and neg rate nations. They can sit in "cash" by holding instruments bearing 2-3%, and technically claim a "value add" to these folks, while harvesting their fees like scoundrels.

LC

Re: Klarman worried about political divide
« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2020, 02:43:46 PM »
So... the people like Klarman, who have basically just been saying "market is going up irrationally because of the Fed doing xyz".... and variations of that.... What exactly is on the near horizon that they see stopping this? Because otherwise, they're making a pretty stupid decision to willingly see that certain actions are being taken to support the market, AND YET STILL IGNORING IT for whatever personal reasons they may have. Its a little strange and leads me often to feel they have a different agenda.
I agree with this. What is the bubble which will be bursting and deflating asset prices and/or deteriorating business operations? If he's not answering that question and giving some thoughts on probability of occurrence, I would think it makes sense to remain invested.

Valuation is one thing, but you can still put some money to work. This I think is where Buffett's wisdom of never selling/perpetual holding period is useful.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom