Author Topic: Russia Investigation.  (Read 143649 times)

Gregmal

Re: Russia Investigation.
« Reply #320 on: August 17, 2018, 07:44:23 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/17/politics/paul-manafort-trial-friday/index.html

"Before leaving for the day Thursday, the jury sent Ellis four questions, including one asking whether he could 'redefine' the meaning of 'reasonable doubt,' the legal threshold for acquitting a defendant."

This is too funny.  If you're on the jury and you've concluded beyond a reasonable doubt that Manafort is guilty, would you ask this question?

This is not conclusive, but hung juries probably start like this.

LOL if they can't even win a slam dunk case like this, that pretty much confirms what most of us already knew about this investigation. Mind you, the Manafort case didn't even really have anything to do with the 2016 election meddling, and only after some desperate straw grasping were they even able to put this case together. If they can't get a guilty here, I think that gives Congress all it needs to put an end to this investigation.

Personally, I'm hoping for a guilty verdict. Mainly so Trump can then immediately pardon him and we can watch the Libs lose their minds and foam at the mouth for the next couple weeks.

You need to expand the range of places where you get your news. He bribed the CEO of a bank with a cabinet position in exchange for $16mm. Guess you missed that.

Then a guilty verdict should be a cinch

no_free_lunch

« Reply #321 on: August 19, 2018, 06:07:42 AM »
Your nyt link says point blank trump never went past his legal authority.

The more i read on this, the more convinced i am this really is just a witch hunt.

Schwab711

« Reply #322 on: August 19, 2018, 06:16:05 AM »
Trump said the election was rigged and is now upset we are investigating the election.

I hope Mueller has evidence of a communication telling Trump team how to signal so we can remove all doubt.

MarkS

« Reply #323 on: August 19, 2018, 06:20:34 AM »
How about some fake news with your coffee?

Newsweek Headline:

"ICE AGENTS, PART OF TRUMP CRACKDOWN, DETAIN HUSBAND DRIVING PREGNANT WIFE TO DELIVER BABY"

But the article conveniently omits that the ICE agents arrested the husband for a murder he allegedly committed.

https://www.newsweek.com/ice-arrest-husband-driving-preganant-wife-hospital-birth-1079380

Schwab711

« Reply #324 on: August 19, 2018, 06:25:09 AM »

Newsweek Headline:

"ICE AGENTS, PART OF TRUMP CRACKDOWN, DETAIN HUSBAND DRIVING PREGNANT WIFE TO DELIVER BABY"

But the article conveniently omits that the ICE agents arrested the husband for a murder he allegedly committed.

https://www.newsweek.com/ice-arrest-husband-driving-preganant-wife-hospital-birth-1079380

Nothing to do with Trump-Russia.

But in similar fashion, folks here are upset Trump's campaign manager was not instantly found guilty of 19 felonies that he was fired for during the campaign. The money laundering is due to payments from Kremlin-connected oligarchs.

Manafort reached out to a RU Intel officer to cover up his cover up during his trial. So it's a witch hunt when someone obviously commits 19 felonies and reached out to the very perpetrators they were alleged to have worked with when they got in trouble.

Sounds like a legit investigation.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:28:46 AM by Schwab711 »

MarkS

« Reply #325 on: August 19, 2018, 06:39:18 AM »
My bad, Schwab.  Let me make it up to you by posting something on point written by Catherine Herridge.

DOJ's Bruce Ohr wrote Christopher Steele was 'very concerned about Comey's firing -- afraid they will be exposed'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/17/dojs-bruce-ohr-wrote-christopher-steele-was-very-concerned-about-comeys-firing-afraid-will-be-exposed.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

Schwab711

« Reply #326 on: August 19, 2018, 07:25:15 AM »
My bad, Schwab.  Let me make it up to you by posting something on point written by Catherine Herridge.

DOJ's Bruce Ohr wrote Christopher Steele was 'very concerned about Comey's firing -- afraid they will be exposed'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/17/dojs-bruce-ohr-wrote-christopher-steele-was-very-concerned-about-comeys-firing-afraid-will-be-exposed.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

This is a leak from Congress. No one is complaining when they aren't told to complain.

This is also a joke anyway. Who is getting exposed? What is getting exposed? There's no hint here.

Luckily, Fox News and Trump have repeated vague, unfounded allegations without any proof of a conspiracy. I'm guessing Fox News believes this is related.

Trump claimed the election was rigged and is upset they are now investigating the election. Why?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:10:02 AM by Schwab711 »

Value^2

« Reply #327 on: August 19, 2018, 09:37:04 AM »
I'm happy that finally people has began to see what kind of charlatan 0bama really is... he was the one who corrupted FBI & DOJ. They did their best to cover cooked H's a$$. It didn't work and they tried to frame Trump and that didn't work neither.

I also think that 0bama's recent deal with Netflix was more about damage-control than anything else.

investor-man

« Reply #328 on: August 20, 2018, 05:37:38 PM »
Admiral McRaven has now come out against Trump. Put your tail between your legs guys.
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #3 "Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to."

Spekulatius

« Reply #329 on: August 21, 2018, 04:22:22 AM »

Newsweek Headline:

All news is click bait nowadays. There is no way around of reading the whole article, at best from several sources. This has nothing to do with bias, the headline is written in such a way to entice the reader to read the whole thing.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 06:12:38 PM by Spekulatius »
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.