Author Topic: Snowflake Fabrications  (Read 18720 times)

no_free_lunch

Re: Snowflake Fabrications
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2018, 06:40:49 AM »
This is for the canadians, what I am hearing is abortions are okay because we cant really tell if the fetus is a human.  So we may or may not be allowing mass murder.  Then i am told thats still okay because we are not really concerned with protecting human life but rather we just protect our citizens. If that is the case then what basis do you have for criticizing saudi arabia for what they do to their citizens?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:42:59 AM by no_free_lunch »

cubsfan

« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2018, 06:52:44 AM »

It's just not as simple as you guys are trying to make it.  As much as I admire Cubfans determined stance, absolutism on this subject matter is naive and the complexity of the issue is similar to prostitution.  Cheers!

Ok, fine dude - how about you get your abortions for your rape and incest (1%), and your desperate poverty in other countries?
Just not here in the US. Do what you like in Canada and elsewhere.
I'm actually fine with abortion when the mother's life is in danger. I've never really been an absolutist.

You ok with those conditions?

Outlaw the abortions of convenience  - cause life is not as simple as you say...   or is it really that rich white men deserve NO voice in the debate about "a woman's body"? or that the unborn has absolutely no rights?

LC

« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2018, 09:17:31 AM »
Are still births a case of manslaughter? Should we start limiting what pregnant women can do considering we now must protect the "human life" inside of them? If the baby is born with some illness, should we jail the mother?

As others have mentioned it's hilarious that a group of men can sit around and make such absolute claims.

At the end of the day, nobody can agree when personhood or human life or whatever you want to call it begins. So we have a compromise solution. It seems to be  working.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

cubsfan

« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2018, 10:12:23 AM »
You're hilarious LC - congratulations, you're now up to about 30 different reasons for abortion, and continue to twist your stupid arguments.

So you agree, old rich white males have absolutely no moral say in this debate. Much as the North had no moral say in a decision
to free slaves in the South. Talk about "progressive" ideals - you're regressive! With your logic, we should bring the slaves back!
Let's move society backward!

LC

« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2018, 12:17:42 PM »
Why the insults and ad hominems? I won't stoop to that level - my mother decided not to abort me, so I'll continue acting to confirm she may the right choice.

Regarding morality - I have not mentioned morality once. You keep injecting it into the discussion.

My argument has not shifted - you are ignoring all other factors except the timeline of when the personhood/human life component of the fetus/baby begins. Which, I might add, you still cannot say with confidence when that occurs.

Therefore, your main argument is flawed because you haven't proven when the fetus becomes a person.

Then there are all the other arguments surrounding the issue, such as :
-Women will do it anyways regardless of what the law says
-Does the law even have the right to legislate this matter?
-Where is the mother's input in all of this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

cubsfan

« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2018, 12:46:29 PM »
Why the insults and ad hominems? I won't stoop to that level

You injected plenty of comments regarding our position being ridiculous. You dish it out, you get it back LC.

Your argument is ridiculous because science has firmly established there is a life in there. You can't see it with your own
eyes, because you need a reason to justify abortion morally.

The legal standard (political) is not at all the scientific standard. The legal standard is a line drawn due to politics.
The life in there can't live without the mother (assisted), therefore the unborn is the property of the mother and she can abort for any reason she desires.
It is not a moral standard, it is a legal standard drawn due to convenience.

Your argument is very simple:  The unborn have NO rights.  Slaves had NO rights. The unborn is property of mom. Slaves are property of the slave owner.   Rich, white Northern males have NO say in either matter.

So much for your ridiculous progressive ideals LC.

LC

« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2018, 02:26:46 PM »
We're talking past each other.

Your argument is ridiculous because science has firmly established there is a life in there.

doc75 has already provided the response to this argument, which has gone unaddressed:

http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/politics/snowflake-fabrications/msg342373/#msg342373

Your argument is very simple:  The unborn have NO rights.  Slaves had NO rights. The unborn is property of mom. Slaves are property of the slave owner.   Rich, white Northern males have NO say in either matter.

So much for your ridiculous progressive ideals LC.
Sensationalism won't work here, none of this has any relevance to the previous point.

cubsfan

« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2018, 09:06:54 PM »

Sensationalism won't work here, none of this has any relevance to the previous point.

The only thing that doesn't work with you LC is cold hard logic.

LC

« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2018, 09:20:18 PM »
Still not addressing doc75's point. Still not providing evidence to claim when a zygote becomes a "person".

MarkS

« Reply #169 on: August 19, 2018, 05:02:45 AM »
LC

Here are a bunch of state legislatures that seem to support Cubsfan.
 -----
"Currently, at least 38 states have fetal homicide laws: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin. At least 29 states have fetal homicide laws that apply to the earliest stages of pregnancy ("any state of gestation/development," "conception," "fertilization" or "post-fertilization"); these are indicated below with an asterisk (*"

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/fetal-homicide-state-laws.aspx