Author Topic: The Bitter Hostility of the Left  (Read 36004 times)

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
Re: The Bitter Hostility of the Left
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2019, 10:43:11 AM »
Anyone else find it ironic that ABC will promote "drag kid" but kill the Epstein story?
Paul

Castanza

« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2019, 10:43:45 AM »

Last time I checked, the GOP has yet to hold a Neo Nazi rally. I have yet to see republican teachers invite Neo Nazi speakers to elementary schools so they can tell children about the wonders of the Third Reich.

I think it's quite natural to have extreme people show up to public rallies. Neither party can prevent that. But when prominent figures of either party, whether that be candidates, talk show hosts, etc. go out of there way to host such groups there is a line that is crossed.

Do you think it's unfair to say that leftists whether individuals or talking heads are far more vocal (in general) when it comes to pushing an agenda? The left can't leave people alone. They HAVE to get everyone on board with their views.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-steve-king-slammed-by-fellow-gop-colleagues-for-white-supremacist-remark
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-11-12/stephen-miller-white-house-racist-immigration-emails

At one point, someone said that we shouldn't always refer to everything being Rep or Dem's faults. Cubsfan and Gregmal immediately agreed and then everyone went back to always blaming "The Left" or "Dems". Stahleyp writes that there are no morals if you are not a god-fearing man. That seems a bit extreme of an assumption. I can only recall one post by you about FDX and otherwise you have been pushing your political views with regularity. Yet you are complaining about others doing what you do?

It seems like folks are trying to blame any individual Dem-leaning person for every action by every person that might lean that direction. Pre-Trump, everyone complained about being called a racist because some Reps were ignorant. It's again just doing the same behavior that folks complained about. Turn the other cheek at some point. With politics especially, we are always apt to blame people today for actions by people who are now dead. It makes no sense yet we all do it.

If all you do is look for things you don't like, that's all you'll find and it will cloud your world view.

You're right, I probably do contribute to the political forum more than I do to the investing side of things. One, it's easier. I'm not going to pretend I am some savvy investor and clog up the investment threads with low quality content or blatantly obvious extrapolations. I contribute where I can. I enjoy reading about investing and learning from what people on here have to say. What's wrong with that?

Way to gloss over the fact that I called out both Dems and Republicans. I said that those extremes exist in both parties and shouldn't be used to generalize either side. The main "agenda" I push on here politically is to leave people alone. But you can't deny that the left is far more vocal when it comes to pushing social changes in society. Do you not agree that children should be left alone and not concerned with things they can't even understand? Apparently that's complaining. Not everything in life is black and white. LC said this. But that also doesn't mean everything is a gray area.

@LC: I'm not making it about the equality act. I think that's a great thing. I'm more concerned with the agenda pushing on children. I'm sure most people on both sides of the aisle could see this as a concern. I merely discussed the town hall or conference for LGBTQ organized by the Democratic party as an example of social agendas being pushed by a political body. You can't deny that there is a link between the LGBTQ movement and the child abuse. Although it's clearly an extreme manifestation of the movement.

As I said before, I don't care what opinion grown adults have on anything LGBTQ related. People should be able to do what they want and live how they want. All I'm saying is leave the kids out of it. Children shouldn't be used to "normalize" something. 

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2019, 10:55:43 AM »
I don't find that equality act as a big deal overall but there are some concerns.

I have a daughter and I don't want her facing transgender athletes in sporting competition when she's older. How does this empower women? What if she misses out on a scholarship?

I don't want teachers teaching our kids about "gender identity."

What if pedophilia is ever considered a "sexual orientation?" Would those folks be able to teach - and not be fired for it? Doesn't the equality act protect against discrimination of sexual orientation?

Far fetched? I thought so too but it seems like its gaining steam:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tedx-pedophilia-sexual-orientation/

https://www.psychcongress.com/article/apa-correct-error-dsm-5-terminology-regarding-pedophilic-disorder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOb493ued-g
Paul

Gregmal

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2019, 07:27:33 AM »
https://nypost.com/2019/11/14/ex-nbc-correspondent-bruce-hensel-arrested-for-asking-9-year-old-for-sexual-photos/

Another member of the MSM, and liberal hero, caught doing what they do best!

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2019, 07:58:18 AM »
Ah, a story as old as time: black-and-white thinking has atrophied the brain. You see it with the strongly religious, the political extremists, and of course the racists, homophobics, etc. This time isn't different.

You are correct.  I'm sorry.  I fully support your right to burn your son with cigarettes and beat him to death if he refuses to wear a dress.  My prior thinking was just anti-LBTQQIABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP to the max.

Your prior link between "the left" and these child abusers is spurious and, as I already mentioned, insulting.

Paul's description of "black and white thinking describes the left perfectly" is also spurious. Which is more ironic than insulting in his case.

It's tribal thinking, but ultimately an unsatisfying and inaccurate perspective, and frankly boring.

LC you're wrong. The only group of people pushing this kind of stuff are leftists.
And the group pushing a racist, neo-nazi agenda are right-wing extremists. But I don't claim "the right" are neo-nazis - and I would vehemently disagree with anyone who does.

Most conservatives would never identify with a bunch of racists in Charlotsville, but some folks here have no problem identifying liberals with these child abusers, as RK just did.

Just another case of the fundamental attribution error.

The right is pushing religion on children and brainwashing them which is child abuse as well, but that's another discussion.

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2019, 08:08:58 AM »
Let's not forget about liberal hero and icon Harvey Milk who (allegedly) had a penchant for young boys.
Paul

Castanza

« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2019, 09:02:47 AM »
Ah, a story as old as time: black-and-white thinking has atrophied the brain. You see it with the strongly religious, the political extremists, and of course the racists, homophobics, etc. This time isn't different.

You are correct.  I'm sorry.  I fully support your right to burn your son with cigarettes and beat him to death if he refuses to wear a dress.  My prior thinking was just anti-LBTQQIABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP to the max.

Your prior link between "the left" and these child abusers is spurious and, as I already mentioned, insulting.

Paul's description of "black and white thinking describes the left perfectly" is also spurious. Which is more ironic than insulting in his case.

It's tribal thinking, but ultimately an unsatisfying and inaccurate perspective, and frankly boring.

LC you're wrong. The only group of people pushing this kind of stuff are leftists.
And the group pushing a racist, neo-nazi agenda are right-wing extremists. But I don't claim "the right" are neo-nazis - and I would vehemently disagree with anyone who does.

Most conservatives would never identify with a bunch of racists in Charlotsville, but some folks here have no problem identifying liberals with these child abusers, as RK just did.

Just another case of the fundamental attribution error.

The right is pushing religion on children and brainwashing them which is child abuse as well, but that's another discussion.

Plenty of religious people on both sides of the aisle. Forcing your child to have a sex change =/= forcing them to recite Bible verses.... 59% of millennials are choosing to not follow religion (specifically Christianity) once they are adults. That statistic alone should tell you there is very little "brainwashing" going on.

Such Brainwashing.....

- Honor thy father and thy mother.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
- Thou shalt not covet

Cigarbutt

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2019, 09:23:11 AM »
One has to wonder if sexual "deviance" (whatever the definition, from infidelity to extreme) is more prevalent in 'conservative' vs 'liberal' groups. This is a hard question to assess as one would need to rely on self-reports. Some work shows that the prevalence is comparable, which makes common sense to me, although the way to express this phenomenon may vary.
It reminds me of some work I came across a while back when the AIDS epidemic made front-page news. Many people worried about the risk of transfusions and asked for transfusions coming from their tribe (family members and close friends). Some blood banks looked into the matter. The new requests would have required additional resources but the new option was not implemented after some work showed that the risk of disease being transmitted by members of the tribe would, in fact, have been higher than a transfusion from the general population..

Gregmal

« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2019, 09:51:24 AM »
The reason it’s prevalent amongst liberals is because they’re all about hedonism at their core. Say what you will about conservatives, but the framework of values is there. Same with religion. Which is not to say you don’t have deviants; of course you do. But look at where things have gone since the explosion of liberal values has become mainstream in the 60s...

Erosion of family values, not to mention the structure of the traditional family. Materialism, which also facilitated the need for both parents to work. More time at the office and less with family also correlated to higher infidelity rates. Acceptance of deviant sexual behavior stemming from mental disorders as merely “acceptance of everyone”-LOL... Redefining marriage, legalizing drugs and prostitution...etc. it all goes hand in hand. I wouldn’t be surprised if in a decade or two you see them trying to make it OK to have sex with kids...

Castanza

« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2019, 10:12:58 AM »
The reason it’s prevalent amongst liberals is because they’re all about hedonism at their core. Say what you will about conservatives, but the framework of values is there. Same with religion. Which is not to say you don’t have deviants; of course you do. But look at where things have gone since the explosion of liberal values has become mainstream in the 60s...

Erosion of family values, not to mention the structure of the traditional family. Materialism, which also facilitated the need for both parents to work. More time at the office and less with family also correlated to higher infidelity rates. Acceptance of deviant sexual behavior stemming from mental disorders as merely “acceptance of everyone”-LOL... Redefining marriage, legalizing drugs and prostitution...etc. it all goes hand in hand. I wouldn’t be surprised if in a decade or two you see them trying to make it OK to have sex with kids...

@cigarbutt - I'd imagine it to be similar but as you said self-reporting is hardly a reliable mechanism. Much like cases of male sexual assault.

Even Neitzsche recognized the need for religion or at least the values it instills/roots in a society. Is nihilism ever a good thing? 

https://bigthink.com/scotty-hendricks/what-nietzsche-really-meant-by-god-is-dead