Author Topic: The Bitter Hostility of the Left  (Read 36003 times)

Spekulatius

Re: The Bitter Hostility of the Left
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2019, 12:51:08 PM »
One of my fu-fu acquaintances in CA tried to make her cat vegetarian. Now that is cruel.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Gregmal

« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2019, 01:38:38 PM »
https://nypost.com/2019/11/14/texas-state-rep-poncho-nevarez-admits-to-dropping-envelope-of-coke-at-airport/

Everywhere you turn! Dont even get me started on the "addiction" excuse that has become common for this sort of behavior the last decade or so.

Its not like he's dealing with opioids for pain relief, or some dick stiffener pills or whatever. Coke is pretty straight forward in terms of its uses. None are "medical"...Just another heathen with no discipline or self control.

bearprowler6

« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2019, 01:58:05 PM »
https://nypost.com/2019/11/14/texas-state-rep-poncho-nevarez-admits-to-dropping-envelope-of-coke-at-airport/

Everywhere you turn! Dont even get me started on the "addiction" excuse that has become common for this sort of behavior the last decade or so.

Its not like he's dealing with opioids for pain relief, or some dick stiffener pills or whatever. Coke is pretty straight forward in terms of its uses. None are "medical"...Just another heathen with no discipline or self control.

Please do..."educate" us with your views on the "addiction" excuse....

I have my popcorn....it should make for entertaining reading

Gregmal

« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2019, 02:06:37 PM »
There's no views. Its just what used to be called(back in the days of responsibility) a lack of discipline and self control. I mean, you have to go out of your way to end up putting cocaine in your body.... and even more out of your way to do it so much that you feel dependent upon it...

Castanza

« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2019, 02:30:56 PM »
One of my fu-fu acquaintances in CA tried to make her cat vegetarian. Now that is cruel.

;D Haha wow, people are amazing.

bearprowler6

« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2019, 03:06:11 PM »
There's no views. Its just what used to be called(back in the days of responsibility) a lack of discipline and self control. I mean, you have to go out of your way to end up putting cocaine in your body.... and even more out of your way to do it so much that you feel dependent upon it...

Gregmal....no disrespect intended....the issue is quite a bit more complicated than a "lack of discipline and self control".

Castanza

« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2019, 03:26:52 PM »

Gregmal....no disrespect intended....the issue is quite a bit more complicated than a "lack of discipline and self control".

True and not true. Much of addiction is hereditary and biological. But there is nothing biological that makes a person seek out specific outlets. Can you be biologically predisposed to seek out gambling? Seems unlikely. Maybe you have a “risk taking personality.” Gambling would be one outlet to fulfill that urge. Greg isn’t wrong but I wouldn’t say he’s right either. It’s define a mix.

I have a brother in-law who according to him has a very “addictive “ personality. Whenever he does something he becomes obsessed with it. He recognizes this in himself and as a result won’t allow himself to try alcohol or the like.

Gregmal

« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2019, 03:56:25 PM »
I'd agree with Castanza. I lazily addressed what I say trying to say and was not entirely correct in communicating what I wished to.

There are "addictions" that are real and facilitated by life. These are things out of the control of people; at least once they become known as a problem. There are everyday actions you dont think twice of when doing, and then find yourself a slave to them. A doctor writes a script because you have pain and this is what the professional you rely on tells you will fix it. You go to the store and legally buy cigarettes or a bottle of whisky. OK...but we're talking something entirely different with cocaine. Its not legal anywhere, and you have to jump through hoops, especially when you are at the white collar levels like a congressman is, to get it. You have to call somebody you KNOW to be a lowlife. You have to drive somewhere you KNOW is a shitbag neighborhood. Even the act of consuming it, snorting it, like a degenerate. You have to cross a whole lot of character defining lines in order to become a coke addict, vs, many of the other substances which are readily available and socially acceptable.

But with this congressional jerk off, I dont think its any of the above. He just got caught. If he wasn't caught, you'd see him on TV tomorrow or next week talking about impeaching Trump; and crying about Trump administration conduct... but he did get caught, so this is his way of slanting it and saying he s neither responsible for his action, but in fact, a victim. Fuck this loser.

bearprowler6

« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2019, 05:00:39 PM »
I'd agree with Castanza. I lazily addressed what I say trying to say and was not entirely correct in communicating what I wished to.

There are "addictions" that are real and facilitated by life. These are things out of the control of people; at least once they become known as a problem. There are everyday actions you dont think twice of when doing, and then find yourself a slave to them. A doctor writes a script because you have pain and this is what the professional you rely on tells you will fix it. You go to the store and legally buy cigarettes or a bottle of whisky. OK...but we're talking something entirely different with cocaine. Its not legal anywhere, and you have to jump through hoops, especially when you are at the white collar levels like a congressman is, to get it. You have to call somebody you KNOW to be a lowlife. You have to drive somewhere you KNOW is a shitbag neighborhood. Even the act of consuming it, snorting it, like a degenerate. You have to cross a whole lot of character defining lines in order to become a coke addict, vs, many of the other substances which are readily available and socially acceptable.

But with this congressional jerk off, I dont think its any of the above. He just got caught. If he wasn't caught, you'd see him on TV tomorrow or next week talking about impeaching Trump; and crying about Trump administration conduct... but he did get caught, so this is his way of slanting it and saying he s neither responsible for his action, but in fact, a victim. Fuck this loser.

I agree the Congressman is caught with the cocaine and should suffer the fullest of penalties. This however has nothing to do with any comments he makes on the President and whether or not he supports the President's impeachment. These are two entirely different matters and should not be conflated.

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2019, 05:58:14 AM »

Yeah, I woke up this morning to find out that cocaine had broken into my house and was trying to get up my nose.  I was able to dodge it right before it jumped in, then I saw his friend heroin-filled-needle try to jab me but I was able to get to my glock and take him out.   I'm just so lucky I could be an addict right now.