Author Topic: The President, bribery, and Ukraine  (Read 13041 times)

cubsfan

Re: The President, bribery, and Ukraine
« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2019, 04:51:11 PM »
Now "The Whistleblower's" Attorneys are exposed for their real agenda - Impeach Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coup-has-started-whistleblowers-attorney-said-in-2017-posts-calling-for-impeachment

BUT, they started impeachment efforts in 2017:

Mark Zaid, one of the attorneys representing the intelligence community whistleblower at the center of the Democrats' ongoing impeachment inquiry, tweeted conspicuously in January 2017 that a "coup has started" and that "impeachment will follow ultimately."

Another of the whistleblower's attorneys, Andrew Bakaj, tweeted in August 2017 that Trump should be removed under the 25th Amendment, which applies to incapacitated presidents.

Another made up coup being carried out by the DC Swamp.

Gregmal

« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2019, 11:45:20 AM »
https://nypost.com/2019/11/09/republicans-want-to-call-hunter-biden-as-a-witness-in-impeachment-hearing/

Again, checkmate.

These Democrats are SOOOOO STUPID. They've backed themselves into a corner by being so dishonest.

Now, its come down to the above. Either let drug addict Hunter and the like get called to testify, upon which they get destroyed, and destroy many Democrats, or block everyone the Republicans wish to call from testifying, and confirm to all the appearance of a blatantly partisan coup.... tough decisions ahead for the losers

Schwab711

« Reply #222 on: November 20, 2019, 07:19:47 AM »
There was "quid pro quo" or an attempt to bribe a foreign official for personal gain. It has now been confirmed by first-hand witnesses under oath. We are still waiting for higher-level witnesses to testify (Pompeo, Bolton, Mulvaney, ect). We are still waiting for more documents from the State Dept and WH to confirm witness testimony. To RTF's previous point, it's possible Trump will resign.

cubsfan

« Reply #223 on: November 20, 2019, 07:38:12 AM »
You are getting awfully excited about a sham hearing in which the accused (POTUS) is not allowed to defend himself at all.

I hope you are not endorsing this kangaroo court with the ultimate scumbag Adam Schiff acting as judge, jury and executioner?

You may actually be surprised that "independents", Americans undecided, find these tactics reprehensible. No ability to call witnesses, no legal
representation for the accused, no ability to mount a defense, or cross examine witnesses - UNLESS APPROVED BY A TOTAL PARITSAN SCUMBAG CHAIRMAN.

Schwab, you and RTF are very bright individuals - surely you are not endorsing this Show Trial???

Schwab711

« Reply #224 on: November 20, 2019, 07:46:41 AM »
You are getting awfully excited about a sham hearing in which the accused (POTUS) is not allowed to defend himself at all.

I hope you are not endorsing this kangaroo court with the ultimate scumbag Adam Schiff acting as judge, jury and executioner?

You may actually be surprised that "independents", Americans undecided, find these tactics reprehensible. No ability to call witnesses, no legal
representation for the accused, no ability to mount a defense, or cross examine witnesses - UNLESS APPROVED BY A TOTAL PARITSAN SCUMBAG CHAIRMAN.

Schwab, you and RTF are very bright individuals - surely you are not endorsing this Show Trial???

You are either listener to bad actors or you have misinterpreted the rules of impeachment. Either way, show trial/kangaroo court makes no sense. Trump can absolutely release exculpatory evidence, if it exists. He hasn't. Instead, he has attacked witnesses as they were actively testifying, which is generally not a great idea.

If it reaches trial, Trump will have all the opportunity in the world to defend himself. Trump has not been charged with anything. You cannot preemptively call witnesses or cross examine prior to being charged with a crime. Republican Representatives did call witnesses yesterday.

cubsfan

« Reply #225 on: November 20, 2019, 07:54:40 AM »
Wrong again - you are saying the POTUS needs to PROVE HIS INNOCENCE. Ridiculous.

Schiff controls ALL the SECRET proceedings and information. Schiff ONLY allows what HE FEELS the opposition should see.
NO TRANSCRIPTS, ETC for the opposition party.

This is a joke and you know it - you are smarter than this.

His "attacks" via Twitter - are the ONLY DEFENSE HE IS ALLOWED.

Meanwhile, Scumbag Adam Schiff can say "bribery, extortion" over and over and over again -  WITHOUT ONE WITNESS THAT WILL SAY IT. NOT ONE.

Are you really telling me that Adam Schiff is a NON-PARTISAN player in this?

That Adam Schiff is allowing ANYTHING into the proceedings that DOES NOT SMEAR the POTUS?

That Adam Schiff is not controlling the proceedings for his PARTISAN BENEFIT?

Seriously? Tell me that.

Schwab711

« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2019, 08:20:39 AM »
Wrong again - you are saying the POTUS needs to PROVE HIS INNOCENCE. Ridiculous.

Schiff controls ALL the SECRET proceedings and information. Schiff ONLY allows what HE FEELS the opposition should see.
NO TRANSCRIPTS, ETC for the opposition party.

This is a joke and you know it - you are smarter than this.

His "attacks" via Twitter - are the ONLY DEFENSE HE IS ALLOWED.

Meanwhile, Scumbag Adam Schiff can say "bribery, extortion" over and over and over again -  WITHOUT ONE WITNESS THAT WILL SAY IT. NOT ONE.

Are you really telling me that Adam Schiff is a NON-PARTISAN player in this?

That Adam Schiff is allowing ANYTHING into the proceedings that DOES NOT SMEAR the POTUS?

That Adam Schiff is not controlling the proceedings for his PARTISAN BENEFIT?

Seriously? Tell me that.

That you are confused about how impeachment works doesn't mean anyone is doing anything wrong. It's a you problem.

The inquiry is far from secret at the moment. It's being broadcast live on C-Span. You should watch.

This thread was started in September and includes bribery in the title. It was obvious at the onset what the ultimate accusation would be. Common sense says this talking point makes no sense and you should be able to see that. That you can't is why I occasionally write it sounds like you are part of a cult. What do you suppose the remedy is for your complaint? Should all investigations be dropped because a witness misidentified or failed to identify a possible charge? If you call the police after someone breaks in to your house, should police fail to charge the suspect because you personally failed to properly cite the correct breaking-and-entering charge applicable? Obviously, no.

I wrote several months ago on this board, long before this Ukraine issue, that I thought impeachment would occur in early 2020 and a vote would occur during mid-2020, precisely because of the partisan/electoral benefit. I agree there is a partisan benefit. One way to avoid giving Dems this benefit is to not commit crimes. I think the phrase "elections have consequences" might be the easiest way to cut through the complaint. I really don't care for that antagonism but it's probably easier to understand when putting it that way.

In this case, as an example, when Trump heard ambassadors talking about quid pro quo or horse trading or drug dealing (whatever phrase you prefer), he could have held a meeting to personally declare there is no connection between the simultaneous actions and that aid should be released to avoid any doubt. That would have stifled any potential investigation. Similarly, Trump should have told the FBI about Russian contacts when they asked him about it. Instead, Trump hid information or carried on with his actions, which certainly looks like intent.

cubsfan

« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2019, 08:28:49 AM »
Don't obfuscate what is happening Schwab - the proceedings have largely been IN SECRET for weeks and you know it.
Only the last few days have been broadcast live.

Tell me ALL the witnesses that have testified that the POTUS has bribed or extorted or committed a crime.
Tell me ALL of them please.

Adam Schiff, Pelosi, and ranking members of the committee have said it over and over and over.

Tell me one witness, under oath, that has testified that the POTUS committed a crime - let's hear it and be specific please Schwab.

Gregmal

« Reply #228 on: November 20, 2019, 08:35:31 AM »
This again, is just showing how truly dumb the Democrats are. Everyone sees how blatantly corrupted this process is. From Schiff arranging this whistleblower announcement behind the scenes, to interviewing people behind closed doors and then cherry picking the most favorable ones for a public spectacle...all the way down to blocking any witnesses that dont fit their narrative. Regardless of Trumps guilt here, they've cried wolf wayyyy too manyyyy times now and lost all credibility. So pushing forward with a process viewed as 100% self serving, knowing full well it will get tossed in the Senate... highlights how dumb they are.

If they were intelligent, they'd draw out the "hearings" as long as possible, dragging Trump through the mud and highlighting his actions, and then decline to impeach, offering publicly to leave it to the voters and trusting that they will make the right decision after seeing how corrupt he is. It would be a brilliant way to quasi "win" a battle they were always going to lose anyway given the fact that impeachment has zero shot in the Senate. Instead they'll just waste time using the "hearings" as an excuse to do something we all have known they'd look to do since the day after Trump got elected in 2016....and then see the Senate reject their nonsense in public, making it a giant waste of time and a political failure.

LC

« Reply #229 on: November 20, 2019, 10:24:52 AM »

Tell me one witness, under oath, that has testified that the POTUS committed a crime - let's hear it and be specific please Schwab.

Get out of the echo chamber:

U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland testified Wednesday that there was a quid pro quo between Ukraine conducting politically motivated investigations and getting a meeting between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Sondland said the connection between these two issues was widely known throughout the administration. "I know that members of this Committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a ‘quid pro quo?’ As I testified previously, with regard to the requested White House call and White House meeting, the answer is yes," Sondland said in his opening statement. He also said he worked with his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani on Ukraine issues on "the president’s orders," confirming Trump’s active participation in a controversy that threatens his presidency.

"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ads | brk.b | irm | mmm | mo | nlsn | pm | pypl | v | wm