Author Topic: Trump Derangement Syndrome  (Read 79662 times)

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome
« Reply #480 on: February 08, 2020, 03:07:21 PM »

The USA is primarily a center-right country

Well, more votes were counted for Hillary Clinton than for Donald Trump. 

I can't stomach Sanders or Warren, but I don't feel like the country is primarily center-right, and I'm just basing that on election results.

Democrats and Republicans are an even split:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_party_strength_in_U.S._states

Although the Independents do tip the scales slightly in favor of the right:

As of December 2019, Gallup polling found that 28% of Americans identified as Democrat, 28% identified as Republican, and 41% as Independent.[3] Additionally, polling showed that 43% are either "Democrats or Democratic leaners" and 45% are either "Republicans or Republican leaners" when Independents are asked "do you lean more to the Democratic Party or the Republican Party?"

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 03:15:33 PM by ERICOPOLY »

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #481 on: February 08, 2020, 08:08:34 PM »
"Get ready to see a lot of stuff youíve seen before. First there will be denial: ďUh-uh. No way. Can you check the numbers again? That canít be right.Ē Desperate for evidence, the Dems will move on to the next phase: Voter fraud! Diabolical machine errors! Russian hacking! All of this will be given a thorough scourging. Any wisp of a rumor of a hint of a shred of evidence that any of these things happened, regardless of whether any of them happened on a scale sufficient to determine the outcome, will be the subject of screaming headlines and glaring chyrons."

Election Night 2020 is going to be like Groundhog Day for Democrats
https://nypost.com/2020/02/08/election-night-2020-is-going-to-be-like-groundhog-day-for-dems/

LC

« Reply #482 on: February 09, 2020, 02:20:44 AM »
Try using evidence and not anecdotes.

Iím happy to commend Trumps success, pls show me where it is.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | irm | nlsn | pm | t | v | xom

cubsfan

« Reply #483 on: February 09, 2020, 03:12:37 AM »

I can't stomach Sanders or Warren, but I don't feel like the country is primarily center-right, and I'm just basing that on election results.

But Eric - you live on the California coast, which is totally wacko...

Hillary was nothing like the extremes we are seeing in today's candidates. Let's table this issue until November when the election results
are in and these Lefties get smoked. You'll see what I mean when the whole center of the country buries these candidates.

cubsfan

« Reply #484 on: February 09, 2020, 03:27:44 AM »
Try using evidence and not anecdotes.

Iím happy to commend Trumps success, pls show me where it is.

Dude - The Democrats are getting downright scary... I mean they HATE America already. All I hear is how bad everything is
and what a terrible country this is and how it needs to be totally remade.  Listen to their rhetoric already.

This is NOT playing well among the average citizen. Americans are proud of this country - perhaps you'll agree in November.

What needs to be remade and destroyed is the Democratic Party and Leadership - for their own good...

Gregmal

« Reply #485 on: February 09, 2020, 06:12:14 AM »
Whats lost within the chaos of their botched primary is that turnout was dreadful. Some places are estimating as much as 25% below expectations.

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #486 on: February 09, 2020, 12:24:13 PM »

But Eric - you live on the California coast, which is totally wacko...

Hillary was nothing like the extremes we are seeing in today's candidates. Let's table this issue until November when the election results
are in and these Lefties get smoked. You'll see what I mean when the whole center of the country buries these candidates.

I don't live on the California coast.  I live in Placer County, which voted in favor of Trump in 2016.  Socially, I mix with a lot of blue collar guys largely due to my kids being involved in public school and sports (baseball, football, cheer).  I know all about it.

I just don't think the USA is primarily center-right.  I believe you are correct about it being primarily centrist, but a lot of the centrists are center-left, however I believe a good many of the center-left will vote center-right for Trump before Sanders in a head-to-head election.

I think Sanders is far more extremist than Trump, but I think Trump is mentally-ill and immature, and I would be happier with a stable, disarming, moderate Republican who isn't corrupt (like Romney).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:28:35 PM by ERICOPOLY »

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #487 on: February 09, 2020, 01:01:15 PM »
Something interesting about California voters:

Bill Clinton was the first Democrat to win California's vote since Lyndon Johnson beat Barry Goldwater in 1964.

Not a single Democrat won my entire life until I was in college.

People have this perception that California is all hippies and flower children.  California voted for Nixon every time and never voted for Carter.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 01:04:55 PM by ERICOPOLY »

cubsfan

« Reply #488 on: February 09, 2020, 01:18:43 PM »
Well I think California is permanently Democratic since Clinton and on.

Perhaps there will be a voter revolt one of these days now that the state has been wrecked (much like Illinois).

..and my apologies - I thought you lived in Santa Barbara - but hey, Placer County is pretty damn nice.

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #489 on: February 09, 2020, 01:41:27 PM »
Well I think California is permanently Democratic since Clinton and on.

Perhaps there will be a voter revolt one of these days now that the state has been wrecked (much like Illinois).

..and my apologies - I thought you lived in Santa Barbara - but hey, Placer County is pretty damn nice.

It's been 4 years since I lived on the coast -- moved here in 2016.

The farmers and blue collar in California are fed up with the elitists in San Francisco and LA telling them what to do and voting for regulations that hurt the farmers and blue collar.