Author Topic: Trump Has a New Press Secretary: Kayleigh McEnany  (Read 14216 times)

Castanza

Re: Trump Has a New Press Secretary: Kayleigh McEnany
« Reply #270 on: June 23, 2020, 08:57:34 AM »
ďIn March people whined nonstop about how unacceptable it was that there wasn't more testing. Then they get more testing and they want to hype up the fact that there are more confirmed cases. Damned if you do, damned if you donít.Ē

Canít help but agree with this. The number cases is directly proportional to the amount of testing. Do more tests, the more cases you will find. Do less, you will find less.

The more reliable figure is the number of deaths. Or - show us the number of positive cases per the  number of tests done.

Better yet letís track ICU bed capacity. I donít think any of the states that are seeing increases in cases are currently seeing any significant increase in ICU occupancy. Could change though.
Core: BRK | MSFT | GOOG | RTX | MSGS | TPL | WFC | VZ | VNO | PCYO | PLNT | ESPO | HACK

LC

« Reply #271 on: June 23, 2020, 12:09:58 PM »
In March people whined nonstop about how unacceptable it was that there wasn't more testing. Then they get more testing and they want to hype up the fact that there are more confirmed cases. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

How callous! The whole point of testing is to gather information to potentially prevent further spread and save lives. It's not a dumb political game despite Trump's behavior  to the contrary. And believing so is whittling away at your humanity...
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #272 on: June 23, 2020, 12:26:00 PM »
ďIn March people whined nonstop about how unacceptable it was that there wasn't more testing. Then they get more testing and they want to hype up the fact that there are more confirmed cases. Damned if you do, damned if you donít.Ē

Canít help but agree with this. The number cases is directly proportional to the amount of testing. Do more tests, the more cases you will find. Do less, you will find less.

The more reliable figure is the number of deaths. Or - show us the number of positive cases per the  number of tests done.

Better yet letís track ICU bed capacity. I donít think any of the states that are seeing increases in cases are currently seeing any significant increase in ICU occupancy. Could change though.

It doesn't sound like a good proxy for case count if that's so.  Both are meaningful.

Gregmal

« Reply #273 on: June 23, 2020, 12:57:28 PM »

It doesn't sound like a good proxy for case count if that's so.  Both are meaningful.

The point is that obviously many people are simply operating in bad faith. This is how many operate with Trump. They complain he doesnt do something, and then when he does it, they complain too.

In respect to testing, I think it is important. Case #'s without proper background info are pretty meaningless. I read a piece today saying that there is evidence to support the notion that we had 9M COVID cases, IN MARCH. There just wasn't nearly the testing capacity to confirm each one.

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #274 on: June 23, 2020, 02:06:11 PM »

The point is that obviously many people are simply operating in bad faith. This is how many operate with Trump. They complain he doesnt do something, and then when he does it, they complain too.

In respect to testing, I think it is important. Case #'s without proper background info are pretty meaningless. I read a piece today saying that there is evidence to support the notion that we had 9M COVID cases, IN MARCH. There just wasn't nearly the testing capacity to confirm each one.

I agree that case #'s in isolation is part of the picture.  I support the reporting of deaths and ICU numbers as well.  Like I said, they are all important.

Trump whines about how the press runs headlines based on testing numbers, but then again...

kicker...

He cancelled the daily briefings where the nation's top experts were available to explain things to the public with context.

And now he complains they don't print the message in context.  That's too rich.

Blaming the press for this failure of leadership is classic deflection.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 02:11:35 PM by ERICOPOLY »

rb

« Reply #275 on: June 23, 2020, 02:17:53 PM »
For what it's worth in all the press sources I read, when they point out that some situation is worsening they make sure to specify that it appears that way not just because the number of cases are going up but because both the number of cases and % of positive tests are going up together. So I don't really see the bad faith. I don't watch cable news so i don't know what those clowns are saying.

cwericb

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #276 on: June 23, 2020, 02:40:07 PM »
Yesterday McEnany and Trump's other mouthpieces like Peter Navarro were rebuking the press for being so foolish as to take Trump's remarks seriously about slowing down testing.

When asked if he was kidding about asking having the tests slowed he answered, "I don't kid."
Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. - Mark Twain

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #277 on: June 23, 2020, 03:17:36 PM »
Yesterday McEnany and Trump's other mouthpieces like Peter Navarro were rebuking the press for being so foolish as to take Trump's remarks seriously about slowing down testing.

When asked if he was kidding about asking having the tests slowed he answered, "I don't kid."

He perhaps wants to distance himself from the blame he is getting for allowing the country to shut down over a Democratic hoax.  He has too many balls to juggle with the various manipulative remarks he has made.  This attempt looks callous.

Itís a not my fault defence.

meiroy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #278 on: June 23, 2020, 11:24:42 PM »

AOC just won by 72.8%.

When people choose Trump and obsess with Trickle Down in an economy that needs Trickle Up for decades now, it's inevitable to get people like AOC.

cwericb

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2020, 08:46:30 AM »
News from Kayleigh:

"The President does read." That is good news. Does he understand wind yet?
And...

"he is the most informed person on the planet." so take that John Bolton!
Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. - Mark Twain