Author Topic: Welcome President Romney 2020  (Read 1703 times)

Read the Footnotes

Welcome President Romney 2020
« on: October 19, 2019, 04:43:23 PM »
It looks like Trump has decided that a new front runner has emerged and he has directed his attention to attacking Romney.

Link to article and the Swiftboating add:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/466553-trump-knocks-romney-as-democrat-secret-asset-in-new-video

Ironic that Trump was a Democrat and Romney was not, but facts don't matter.

Read the Footnotes

Re: Welcome President Romney 2020
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 02:54:28 PM »
I have previously said at investor conferences/presentations (and on this board) that I think one likely scenario is that two strong frontrunners will emerge in Michael Bloomberg and Mitt Romney for 2020.

That sounded a bit nutty long ago when neither were declared, but it looks like we are one step closer to that prospect as Bloomberg prepares to file for a presidential primary. A study of recent presidential elections could lead one to believe that there is not only no first mover advantage, but there is likely a first mover disadvantage, if anything. Bloomberg seems smart enough to realize that.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/07/bloomberg-preparing-to-file-for-alabama-presidential-primary-000322

Gregmal

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 02:56:33 PM »
I love the idea of Bloomberg running. Totally de risks a lot of the apocalypse scenario.

cubsfan

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 03:27:19 PM »
I love the idea of Bloomberg running. Totally de risks a lot of the apocalypse scenario.

Agree - competing against all the nut bags should be easy - and should make life a lot tougher for Trump.

Maybe the Democratic Party won't melt down.

Spekulatius

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 04:33:20 PM »
I have previously said at investor conferences/presentations (and on this board) that I think one likely scenario is that two strong frontrunners will emerge in Michael Bloomberg and Mitt Romney for 2020.

That sounded a bit nutty long ago when neither were declared, but it looks like we are one step closer to that prospect as Bloomberg prepares to file for a presidential primary. A study of recent presidential elections could lead one to believe that there is not only no first mover advantage, but there is likely a first mover disadvantage, if anything. Bloomberg seems smart enough to realize that.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/07/bloomberg-preparing-to-file-for-alabama-presidential-primary-000322

That was a pretty prescient call. I also agree that Bloomberg is a great candidate and by far the most qualified. I do wonder if the late start makes it more difficult to elbow into the top contender field.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

LC

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 06:43:26 PM »
Bloomberg was a pretty good mayor, I think we as a country could do a lot worse with him as Pres. In fact, we currently are!
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | irm | mmm | mo | nlsn | pm | pypl | tap | v | wm

SouthernYankee

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 07:00:17 PM »
Bloomberg WAS a pretty good mayor. The important distinction that must be made is this: if Rudy didn't come before him and clean up the city first, Bloomberg would not have become Mayor. By the time he left, his "I know better than the rest of you" attitude was wearing thin. Of course, compared to DeBlasio, Bloomie was top-rate.

That said, do I want to replace Trump with him? Not particularly.

The people of this country need to see the corruption of Washington DC bureaucrats/entrenched politicians first hand, and the only way to do that is to keep Trump where he is. Hopefully Congress can try to do their job and get a better understanding about budgeting, as the government spends way too much money, and Trump hasn't done anything about that.

Gregmal

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 07:03:36 PM »
Bloomberg was a pretty good mayor, I think we as a country could do a lot worse with him as Pres. In fact, we currently are!

Too bad you have to wait another couple elections before that dirty little hood hamster AOC can be the recipient of your vote!

Castanza

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 06:59:32 AM »
Bloomberg, another rich bureaucrat looking to leave his mark on society before he passes away. More tactful and qualified than Trump? Without a doubt! Will either of them bring meaningful change? Doubtful. That being said, I would take Bloomberg over Trump (Not a Romney fan).

Jacob Hornberger (LP) has some stances that would probably surprise a lot of you on both sides of the aisle.

https://jacobforliberty.com/positions/all/

https://www.fff.org/blog/

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 07:09:49 AM »
I might hold my nose and vote for Trump if Bloomberg gets the nomination.

I actually like the apocalyptic scenarios. The system is corrupt and needs a good flush. Look at all of the folks Epstein hung out with!
Paul