Author Topic: Welcome President Warren 2020 - first native indian , woman Prez  (Read 2699 times)

cubsfan

Re: Welcome President Warren 2020 - first native indian , woman Prez
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2019, 01:34:32 PM »
Tough run for the Democrats.

Biden is toast because of Hunter.

Bernie Sanders has a heart attack and is not up to being President.

Now Pocahontas is being revealed as a chronic liar:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/10/elizabeth-warren-is-jussie-smollett/

Liz is your #1 Candidate - not good - the American people will hate her worse than Hillary.

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2019, 01:50:09 PM »

Liz is your #1 Candidate - not good - the American people will hate her worse than Hillary.

Do you think she's more or less honest than our current President? ;)
Paul

RuleNumberOne

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2019, 06:01:42 PM »
Elizabeth is extremely dishonest compared to Trump.

There is not enough money in the country to keep the existing Medicare promise for our aging society - i.e. infinite amounts of expensive care for old people.

How then can she keep her promises of student debt writeoffs, free healthcare and education for all, universal pre-K, $200 increased Social Security, environmental justice, etc.

Making all these promises is a great way to fund your campaign for sure. People think - "Hey, just mail her a small check every month. If she wins, that $200K i spent partying for 4 years will get waived away."

Her ever-growing promises cannot be kept.

cameronfen

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2019, 07:28:46 PM »

There is not enough money in the country to keep the existing Medicare promise for our aging society - i.e. infinite amounts of expensive care for old people.

Just on your one point: The UK covers every single person in the country with NHS and has a lower government funding for health care per person living in the country than we have in the US, even though we cover only a fraction of the population and they cover everyone.  Thats right look it up in the OECD.  For all those saying care is worse, on a variety of health indicators like life expectency the US does worse than most European countries like the UK with nationalized medicine.  The UK system may not be the right system for the US but the idea that universal health care is too expensive is a myth. 

Castanza

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2019, 06:43:42 AM »

Just on your one point: The UK covers every single person in the country with NHS and has a lower government funding for health care per person living in the country than we have in the US, even though we cover only a fraction of the population and they cover everyone.  Thats right look it up in the OECD.  For all those saying care is worse, on a variety of health indicators like life expectency the US does worse than most European countries like the UK with nationalized medicine.  The UK system may not be the right system for the US but the idea that universal health care is too expensive is a myth.

Yeah and the government also decides whether or not you can pursue medical care for your dying baby. They decide who gets treatment, what treatment and when. No thanks. If the VA (in the us) is any indication of what healthcare will be like from a government mandated standpoint then I'll gladly pass. Canada had a 9 month wait list for an abortion at one point. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaoulli_v_Quebec_(AG)

Comparing life expectancy in modern nations is quite useless. The major difference is the choice of diet and generally not the healthcare. There is not a person in the US who would not be able to receive medical attention if they walked into a doctors office or hospital. To quote Ron Swanson " "If you want to do nothing but eat cheeseburgers, balloon up to 400lbs and die at 35 of a heart attack you can! You are free to do so and to me that is beautiful."  :P That being said I don't think medical support for the underprivileged is a bad thing.

I think the US thinks about healthcare incorrectly as well. I never understood why it's an employers responsibility to provide healthcare. They don't provide my mortgage insurance or car insurance. Also the idea that health insurance should cover every little thing is ridiculous. I don't think insurance should be used for things like general physicals, teeth cleanings etc. It should be used for the catastrophic stuff that would be unrealistic to pay for out of pocket. It's the equivalent for using an auto insurance claim for a scratch on your car door. That along gov't regulation has all but destroyed the US healthcare system. So naturally people look to big daddy govt for a fix...There is so much bloat in the US healthcare system if it were a person it would be larger than every obese person in the US combined. We also can't ignore the fact that the AMA (American Medical Association) has a monopoly on the market for medical practice and licensure. This gatekeeping to medical practice drives up costs dramatically for routine things. 

https://mises.org/wire/how-government-ruined-us-healthcare--and-what-can-be-done

https://mises.org/wire/lower-health-care-costs-try-freedom

https://mises.org/wire/how-government-regulations-made-healthcare-so-expensive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWlk9HreE7U&t=1555s

Read the Footnotes

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2019, 07:14:55 AM »
I never understood why it's an employers responsibility to provide healthcare.

Not that it makes sense, but it's a historical artifact and an unintended consequence of government price controls in the World War II time period. The government sought to limit inflation by preventing wage inflation. One way around that was for companies to start offering healthcare and other benefits other than just salary or wages.

This type of thing would obviously enrage the people down in Auburn at the Mises Institute. We are at risk of seeing all kinds of illogical unintended consequences if a populist is elected again, whether it's Trump, Sanders, or Warren or another.

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2019, 07:33:38 AM »

How then can she keep her promises of student debt writeoffs, free healthcare and education for all, universal pre-K, $200 increased Social Security, environmental justice, etc.

Making all these promises is a great way to fund your campaign for sure. People think - "Hey, just mail her a small check every month. If she wins, that $200K i spent partying for 4 years will get waived away."

Her ever-growing promises cannot be kept.

I'm not saying I'm going to vote for Warren. I'm still very much on the fence with anyone.

With that said, if we increase taxes enough (and print enough money) I think we can afford most if not all of her programs. Now, I'm not saying that's good for the country long term, but I think it could probably be achieved.
Paul

Castanza

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2019, 08:33:49 AM »
if we increase taxes enough (and print enough money) I think we can afford most if not all of her programs. Now, I'm not saying that's good for the country long term

That is some downright dangerous economic reasoning right there. Stahleyp I'm curious to hear how you reconcile/justify some of these economic stances with your personal beliefs on morality or even religion. (but perhaps on a separate thread)

Anyone who disagrees with capitalism should turn their attention to Botswana and Zimbabwe and see the stark differences you get in a central planned vs free market system.

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2019, 08:51:13 AM »
if we increase taxes enough (and print enough money) I think we can afford most if not all of her programs. Now, I'm not saying that's good for the country long term

That is some downright dangerous economic reasoning right there. Stahleyp I'm curious to hear how you reconcile/justify some of these economic stances with your personal beliefs on morality or even religion. (but perhaps on a separate thread)

Anyone who disagrees with capitalism should turn their attention to Botswana and Zimbabwe and see the stark differences you get in a central planned vs free market system.

Oh, as a moral issue I disagree with the huge amount of spending. I think it's bad for the country long term. Personally, I would love an increase in taxes and a reduction in spending. Just running a balanced budget sounds good to me. It forces folks to be efficient and reduces waste. My real point with that is that Warren is at least as honest and trustworthy as Trump. I also think that Warren would look out for the middle class more. She helped start the CFPB which was a smart move. I don't agree with a number of her stances though (like free college or loan forgiveness).
Paul

Vish_ram

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2019, 08:54:38 AM »
Since I had created this thread, the polls have been rising in favor of Warren. With Hunter, Biden's fate is almost sealed.

She is getting the crowds, shows immense energy, rails against corporate excesses..
In primaries, once Sanders collapses, his crowd will join Warren and seal the fate for Biden.

Trump will most likely lose against Warren.