Author Topic: The Hunt for Small Spawners  (Read 9558 times)

no_free_lunch

Re: The Hunt for Small Spawners
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2021, 10:32:28 AM »
Shameless, that's just pabeais style.  I have looked at his stocks a few times even back in 07 when he got famous, they are always sketchy.  Sometimes they go bankrupt and sometimes they are multibaggers.  If I were to follow him I would have to clone his full portfolio.

Pistachio_Lawyer

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2021, 12:36:19 PM »
Shameless, that's just pabeais style.  I have looked at his stocks a few times even back in 07 when he got famous, they are always sketchy.  Sometimes they go bankrupt and sometimes they are multibaggers.  If I were to follow him I would have to clone his full portfolio.

In his book he frames his approach as "Heads I win; Tails I don't lose much". He is considered a value investor.

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2021, 04:02:29 PM »

I don't think that would be necessary.  For example, he made it pretty clear at different times what stocks he was concentrating in...BAC & GM warrants, later Fiat, recently Micron Technology...I think an investor could have done very well just picking and choosing a few of Mohnish's more concentrated bets.  Probably better than the overall portfolio in fact. 

That being said, I've only bought BAC at the same time as Mohnish...got into Fiat more for the dividends and special dividends (basically missed the whole Ferrari spinoff)...and didn't invest in Micron. 

Overall, alot of my ideas don't overlap with Mohnish's...I'm more of a plain, vanilla value investor...he usually takes a very holistic approach to an idea (I wouldn't always call it value).  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!